10/19/11 Washington, DC - Warner Theatre

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Re: 10/19/11 Washington, DC - Warner Theatre

Post by weirdallie27 »

Allrighty then, Jon... XD

~Allison
piranha
Addicted

Post by piranha »

Five days left. :)
they/them pronouns please !! (previously: CrazyWeirdAlLady)
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Decided not to do this show today. Weather's too bad, as well as, other factors. Don't really want to get into details, but one of my best friends is going through a pretty rough time today. Sometimes things are more important than a Weird Al concert. So, I need to be here for her.

Anyway, Hopefully those who are going can fill in the details from the show.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Hopefully President Obama will post a nice long review here so you can stay up to speed. Maybe he knows the names of some of the songs on the new pre-show CD.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Thanks Jon.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

No meet-and-greet tonight apparently :( I'd be disappointed if the show itself weren't so excellent but I can't deny that it's a major bummer. Oh well. There will definitely be a next time.

I'll post more tomorrow...yes, the Obamas were there.
Weird Barack

Post by Weird Barack »

My Fellow Weird Al Fans,

Wow!! What a night!

I spent the last few days on a bus driving through North Carolina and Virginia, but I scheduled the whole thing perfectly to return to DC just in time for the Weird Al concert. It was great to get out and see the hard working Americans of the New South, don't get me wrong. But sometimes you just have to decompress with a little "think I'm just too White and Nerdy" if you know what I mean... ;)
So the tour bus pulls into the White House and I run inside just long enough to take a quick shower before heading to the show. I wasn't sure if I should wear my AL-TV t-shirt from 1996, or the retro Smells Like Nirvana from 2010. I decided to go with a homemade design in tribute to my second favorite Weird Al song of all time, "King of Suede." Of course, when I say homemade I mean it was designed by Shepard Fairey.

Michelle, the girls, and I got to our private box seats just in time for Fun Zone. I'll tell you, I sat in the Situation Room during the assassination of Osama bin Laden, but nothing gets you more pumped up than that song. You folks know what I mean. Next thing you know, Al and the band took the stage playing Polka Face. From the beginning it was obvious Weird Al is still America's greatest accordionist. Ever since I first heard his rendition of Inna Gotta Da Vida on the accordion, I've loved these polka medleys and this is no exception. Baby, baby, baby... :# I kissed a girl and I liked it :* Yodelay he hoo Yodelay he hoo! :F

I won't bore you with my description of each and every song. Jeremy is really the only member of the forum who writes good reviews, so why should I try to compete? Let me skip to the end: After the show, we got to meet Al briefly. Of course, he had to leave early tonight to get to New Jersey, so he couldn't stay to chat for long, but he was still very nice and down to Earth. First, Al met Sasha and Malia and they got autographs. Next, it was Michelle's turn and she chatted with him about potentially doing some work with the Let's Move program. Next, it was my turn. Oh man, being the leader of the free world, I've met some pretty powerful people. Foreign heads of state, pop culture legends, but when I saw Al, I totally got the old "Al-Induced Haze" as you say on the forum. I could barely remember what to say and I was forgetting every question I had. Luckily, Al was very patient and answered a few burning questions. He made me swear not to tell anyone, but let's just say the next album is going to have a very, very funny parody on it. ;)

I don't mean to spill the beans to the forum, so forgive me, Al, if you're reading this, but... I invited Weird Al and the band to come play at the White House, and he graciously accepted!! However, due to scheduling conflicts, we aren't going to be able to arrange this until at least February or March of 2013. So, if you want to get Weird Al to play at the White House, you'll have to work hard to get me re-elected next year. Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Oh yeah one more thing... LASAGNA!!! :onfire: Al must have heard this was my favorite song of all time, and here it is back in the setlist at last! This can only be explained as a tribute to my first term in office, and an official endorsement of me, Barack Obama, for President of the United States of America, on November 6, 2012. Note: it is very well documented that, while Herman Cain is a Weird Al fan, Mitt Romney and Rick Perry have made negative comments about Weird Al in the past. One of them said Weird Al "is more interested in playing concerts in swing states than working to solve the economic crisis that is crushing the middle class.” The other one called him "a little parody prick." (I'll let you guess which of them said which comment...)

Okay, gotta run! I have a meeting with the PM of Norway tomorrow. (Norway?? Wish I could send Biden to that meeting, but he is actually going to New Hampshire tomorrow to register our campaign for 2012!! Can you believe that? That's what a VP does, folks. Files paperwork in New Hampshire courthouses... :rolleyes:
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

We got seated in the middle of "You Make Me." As we were running in the door, they were playing "TMZ." So, I'm guessing we only completely missed "Polka Face"? Dunno if Barack can confirm for me. LOL... Rockin' show, as always.

~Allison
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

HAHA, that was one of the greatest reviews ever!! I have no idea to believe that was the president that actually typed that up or not!? I wanna say no, but I wouldn't be all that surprised.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yankomaniac wrote:HAHA, that was one of the greatest reviews ever!! I have no idea to believe that was the president that actually typed that up or not!? I wanna say no, but I wouldn't be all that surprised.
You're right, I bet it was just one of his speech writers or something...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.