A "Thank You" video I made for Al

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

TheCervus

A "Thank You" video I made for Al

Post by TheCervus »

A while back I got the chance to meet Al after a show, but I wound up being overcome with a case of "Al-induced haze" because not only was he a childhood idol of mine, I'm also somewhat of an Al Gal, and all I could manage to do was stutter and say dumb things to him! I've been embarrassed about it ever since. Even though I know Al will never remember it, I wanted to make this little video as sort of an apology. I didn't get the chance to tell him what I actually wanted to say, and I'm kind of hoping MAYBE he might (!) see this video instead, if I don't get the chance to ever meet him again. At any rate, I learned it's good to rehearse what you'd like to say to someone who's meant a lot to you.

http://youtu.be/YudRsp7udic
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Re: A "Thank You" video I made for Al

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

This is wonderful! I'm sure Al's used to the "haze" that most of us usually go into when we meet him...I wouldn't feel too embarrassed about it! That's what it was like when I met him. There are still so many things I'd like to say to Al. (Great, now that dreadful Oasis song is stuck in my head...)
Anyway, I really enjoyed this. Nice video! :)
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I find the best remedy for Al-induced-speechlessness is meeting Al again. Repeat as often as needed until full sentences can be produced. But honestly, I don't think Al ever makes the mistake of thinking we really are as brainless as we sound when trying to talk to him. That is a really nice video, BTW.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Great video! Strangely enough, I found I was in more of a "haze" meeting Steve than Al. I felt like I looked kind of stupid in front of Steve, but I didn't get hung up on it. Besides, it was good practice for meeting Al. I think that must've been really the only reason I was able to speak coherently in front of him is because I "rehearsed" the only things I could think of to say in front of Steve (plus it was pretty late and I wasn't really expecting to meet him until the roadie told us we could). I've also found out that with guys at least, the "haze" doesn't set in until later and the effects can last longer.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...