Whatever You Like Video

Moderator: Moderators

JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Re: Whatever You Like Video

Post by JCM »

TMBJon wrote:A key point that is being missed here: the animated videos are not an alternative to live action videos. They are an alternative to no videos at all.
Are live action videos really that expensive? He didn't seem to have any problems with them in the early days.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

JCM wrote:Are live action videos really that expensive?
YES!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

He has plenty of money to make videos, hes "Weird Al", I doubt he cares about the expense of whatever video he makes. Im sure he just does whatever he wants and pays what it costs to get the final product he wants, not worrying much at all about the cost. Anytime he makes a video he'd be making the money back in the long run and gaining new fans at the same time, thats why I don't think he cares too much about the money hes spending since it is all to continue pushing on with his career. Of course live action videos are more expensive, the animated ones are cheaper and with the exception of Jurassic Park, they wouldn't pick up as many new fans as the live action ones after all.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
JCM
Off The Deep End

Post by JCM »

Though I agree that live action videos shouldn't be a problem, I won't say that he's extremely rich, either, especially with a wife and family to take care of. The music industry is not so dry, however, that his label will refuse to provide the financial support necessary to promote Al's music effectively. It doesn't matter how much money he has.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I believe he said before that the label pays half the cost of the video. And Im sure he is very conscious of the amount of money he is spending per video. It would be easy to go well over budget. And he is not getting the airplay he did in the early days. Nobody is, videos just dont play on tv anymore, yes there is YouTube, but its not the same
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Well put, thats cool, I didn't know the label would pay for any of the video. Usually if the label is paying for a good portion they pick which songs are gonna be the singles, obviously it doesn't work that way with Al though.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
JCM
Off The Deep End

Post by JCM »

Obviously? I'm sure the label exerts some influence, or there wouldn't be the point of one.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Labels are there for all kinds of reasons, I dont think they have as much say as you think. Without his label he would be nothing and this conversation would not be happening, picking the next single for him is not what they are there for. I dont doubt they have some input, but Al isn't a robot, he makes the song decisions himself.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

JCM wrote:I'm sure the label exerts some influence, or there wouldn't be the point of one.
We know this to be objectively untrue. Remember? Al had 11 of 12 songs completed and he was waiting for an idea for a lead parody? Does this not ring any bells?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Reality check, what is the probability of this video being live action?