Whatever You Like Video

Moderator: Moderators

RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Re: Whatever You Like Video

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Yankomaniac wrote:I don't even really see the point in having videos, that aren't really videos, just animations and stuff, they are all pretty lame actually, I only like the actual videos.
How are the animated videos not "actual videos"? How does the fact that they are animated diminish their video-ness? I will assume that "Jurassic Park" doesn't count as a video because it is "just animations and stuff". <_<
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Jurassic Park is technically claymation. Yanko was probably talking about genuine cartoony anime, though that doesn't make him any more right.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

JCM wrote:Jurassic Park is technically claymation. Yanko was probably talking about genuine cartoony anime, though that doesn't make him any more right.
"Jurassic Park" is indeed claymation, which is, in fact, a form of animation. BTW, you misused the term "anime". Anime is a particular kind of animation produced in Japan, and, to date, none of Al's video have been anime or done in that style. And he was making the claim that animated videos weren't "actual videos", plain and simple. Nothing was said about any particular kind of animation.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Well, I just thought that since he mentioned Weasel Stomping Day as one of his favorites, he wasn't including claymation, but I'm probably wrong as usual.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

JCM wrote:Well, I just thought that since he mentioned Weasel Stomping Day as one of his favorites, he wasn't including claymation, but I'm probably wrong as usual.
That is another thing, "Weasel Stomping Day" ain't claymation, it is stop-motion animation, and there is a difference. Claymation uses the stop-motion process, but the characters (and, sometimes, their props and surroundings) are all produced with (typically) plasticine clay.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I didn't mean they are not "real", I don't know the word to describe a video with actual people. Jurassic Park is a complete exception because it was the only one for quite some time, and then he did a bunch for the Lynwood album. Jurassic Park was awesome and funny and the other ones, with the exception of Weasel Stomping Day are boring and lame, but have cool animation, thats all im sayin.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

A video with "actual people" is known as a "live action" video.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I agree with Yankomaniac. I love the "Jurassic Park" video, because its claymation, that's cool. And "Weasel Stomping Day" is funny too.

JCM, you're right about the Pancreas video, but that video still wasn't very good. And I have no problem with animated videos if they are funny. For instance, Nuclear Bubble Wrap has some down-right hilarious animated videos, but I don't really think Al's SOL videos were that funny. However, the Internet Leaks had a few good ones, like "CNR."
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

A key point that is being missed here: the animated videos are not an alternative to live action videos. They are an alternative to no videos at all.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Well that is an excellent way to put it.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!