Perform This Way

Moderator: Moderators

ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Re: Perform This Way

Post by ludovica64 »

i_love_yankovic wrote:Good luck to everyone who submitted pictures!! I'd love to see some lovely WOWAYers' faces in this video! :whoot:
Yeah more members for the #VideoAlumni club. We ought to make a list who is in that really?
You, Jon, Vikki's son Jon.. who else?
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Mikeglb or whatever his name was was in White & Nerdy, too. He was awesome, I hope he comes back soon.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

There was a guy in the A\V Club picture with me called Schuler who had about 10 posts. And a friend of mine, Diego, appears in the Trivial Pursuit scene.
Oddly, the first time I met this kid Diego, a mutual friend had invited us over to play Risk. Somehow the topic of Weird Al came up and it was brought up (by Bill Benz!) that I was a huge Al fan. Then the other mutual friend says, well all I know is, only one person in this room has ever actually been in a Weird Al video. Only after a prolonged moment of confusion was it revealed there were actually two people in the room who had been in a Weird Al video!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Thats amazing Jon.. also.. pretty Awesome. I remember there was a guy called Mikel Browning at Alfest who is in the W&N video.. Is that the guy Grom's thinking of?

I take it you hadn't recognised the guy Jon.. or maybe you were filmed a different day?
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yeah I believe Mikel is also mikeglb. He played Richard Fletcher in the shadowcast.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Yeah and I "tripped" him and he fell into a pie or something! haha!
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Well, just when all hope was lost, PTW actually hit a "Billboard" chart today!

In the May 14 issue (that is available now), they ran the "Comedy Digital Songs" chart. Now, this is a chart that "Billboard" as a company tallies every week, but they only rarely run it in an actual print issue and in fact only post it on their for-pay Billboard.biz web site...so it doesn't even show up in the main list of announced charts on the normal public Billboard.com. To be fair, they have a number of similar charts like this for various music genres that are given pretty much the same treatment. So anyway, its status as an actual regular chart that one can keep track of or really care about is debatable at best.

Having said all that, this is the only "Billboard" chart that PTW has appeared on so far, debuting on the May 14 chart at #6 with a bullet. It is actually the only new song to debut on that chart. The only other Al song on the chart is W&N at #13 with a bullet, and it has appeared on the chart for all 69 weeks of its existence, both in print and online.

I'm not going to post the whole chart or bother with rankings, but PTW was beaten by "Orphan Tears" and four songs by Lonely Island. It should be noted that all four Lonely Island tracks that charted higher needed the help of a major "featured" artist, so nyah.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

CatraDhtem wrote:
I'm not going to post the whole chart or bother with rankings, but PTW was beaten by "Orphan Tears" and four songs by Lonely Island. It should be noted that all four Lonely Island tracks that charted higher needed the help of a major "featured" artist, so nyah.
I noticed while looking at the Lonely Island tracklist that there was a heavy "featured artist" thing. At least Al doesn't need help to get highly charted :)
Is my dude a dweeb?
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I wouldn't say that the Lonely Island got "help" in their charting. Yeah, the featured artists were a nice plus, but I don't think it was essential to the songs' successes. The Lonely Island has so much power to their name nowadays that they could probably release a solo single and have it become as big of a hit as the others. They probably still do collaborations because of tradition and all that. Their most popular song, in fact, didn't even have a featured artist. Its success lied solely on the power of its lyrics and visuals. They aren't Al, don't get me wrong, but you do have to respect them for how far they've gotten.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

...and back to perform this way...
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..