Added tour dates?

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

rockmom

Added tour dates?

Post by rockmom »

Does anybody know if there will be more tour dates listed for the US this year? I was so excited to see that hes touring but didn't see my state on the list :|
I saw him perform last year, it was the greatest concert I have ever been too...and i have been to hundreds. Now I am officially an Al addict and am eagerly awaiting his return to Dallas/Ft. worth! Thanks guys
(hope I posted right, I'm new lol)
Amy
“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts.That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.”
— Robert Fulghum
fred27
Obsessed

Re: Added tour dates?

Post by fred27 »

as far as i know nothin is on for july/aug, which is sad cause i have no bday show
rockmom

Post by rockmom »

aww :| maybe they will add more dates! I hope so because Texas isn't anywhere on the list lol. I had so much fun last yer that I was planning on taking my kids this time.
“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts.That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.”
— Robert Fulghum
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

There will possibly be a few more dates added between June 5 and 10, however, I doubt that he'll make it down to Texas during that time. The next dates I would expect to be scheduled would be starting in September. I'm figuring that with the fall tour he will hit the areas that he usually tours, but didn't hit with the May/June Tour. Just my guess.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Yeah, Al's left the fall tour pretty wide-open, so I'm guessing that's when Texas will get its fair share.

Al rarely skips over Texas. Looking it up, it seems that only a few tours haven't had Al in Texas... but the last one for that to happen on was the "Bad Hair Tour," which surprises me.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

He very well just may play various shows until he's ready to do the full fledge Alpocalypse Tour, which could be sometime in 2012. Ya never know.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
rockmom

Post by rockmom »

thanks guys :D i will keep my fingers crossed ...anyone else on here from dallas/ft worth?
— Robert Fulghum
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

All I hope is that he hits the east coast again, because if not, there will be a lot of explaining in order.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Al does hit the east coast, at least for a few shows, in the tour between September and November, if it is indeed the first part of the tour for the album.

I think the key of this tour, though, will be to hit the areas that he wasn't able to make it to from Mid-May to June.
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

Not that'd I'd complain, but Al would be touring the crap out of the east coast if he hit in October-November, and then again in 2012. That'd make 5 visits in 3 years, which is a lot. I'll be the first (well among the first) to jump for joy if it happens, but I'm not sure where Al would play that he hasn't already. He'll have made 6 new jersey appearances in the last year come May. (4 concerts, 2 book signings) I say bring on more Al but he should be careful about over touring an area.

I agree with you Jeremy in that he'll probably do what he missed this summer. If May turns out to be the 2010 setlist, he might come back here and advertise it as "The Alpocalypse Tour!" but I'll bet my pancreas that May and June will be the new setlist.