This Is The Life

Moderator: Moderators

Limecat
Obsessed

Post by Limecat »

Oh, I rented it on VHS. Darn, I was hoping to hear the song.
DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

Twinkies Are Yucky @ Nov 11 2007, 12:17 AM wrote: I like this song. The line "If money can't buy happiness, I guess I'll have to rent it" always cracks me up.
Wow! I remember this song being one of my eatly favs! I love that line in the song to. Its soo darn funny. I also love the fact that it was the first music video in history to have money in it! Oh... and Al in a bath tub is well... Grade A Al-Gal stuff. "Al Takes Bubble Bath" I belive thats also what it said in the news paper!
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

Look what I found! The single to the song. Thats a really good picture of Al!
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Is there such thing as a BAD picture of Al :P

Anyway, I love this song! but I have a question about that one line "If money can't buy happiness I guess I'll have to rent it"

In English class I was reading this short story called "What do Fish have to do with anything" (don't ask) and the mom says that EXACT line! I was wondering if this is a common parable Al just played off for the song, or if the author (whose name I cannot remember) was a hard core Al- fan???
Oh snap!
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

I am not sure. Yeah I know... I know...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: This Is The Life

Post by TMBJon »

Johnny Dangerously aired on HBO Comedy today and they used "This Is The Life" in the opening credits.
I hadn't seen the movie since I was about 11 or 12. I would say it's a great, not *amazing* spoof film. The best recurring gag by far is the "farging iceholes" routine of course. Also really liked the stuff at the pet shop.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

TMBJon wrote:Johnny Dangerously aired on HBO Comedy today and they used "This Is The Life" in the opening credits.
I hadn't seen the movie since I was about 11 or 12. I would say it's a great, not *amazing* spoof film. The best recurring gag by far is the "farging iceholes" routine of course. Also really liked the stuff at the pet shop.
They've been playing it a lot lately. Saw it yesterday before and after work. It's not bad by any means. It's quite enjoyable. But, like you said, not the greatest spoof flick made either. HBO Comedy is a great channel...they even showed a Judy Tenuta special the other night. Emo Phillips too.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I wonder if the song's omission from the original video release of Johnny Dangerously might have had to do with Scotti Bros. Or would Scotti Bros. have had such a say?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

That is Jim ripping the solo in the video with the wig on right? Awesome wig!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Yeah, I think that is Jim. How weird.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?