Weird Al / Snoop Dogg Collabojam

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Weird Al / Snoop Dogg Collabojam

Post by TMBJon »

By now hopefully everyone is aware that Snoop Dogg has been actively tweeting at and responding to Al, including filming a video in which Snoop (in front of a hilarious green screen) asks Al if they could collaborate sometime.

Al responded with "I'm ready Snoop!" which was then RT'd by Snoop, and followed up with:
@alyankovic NUDOKNOWTHAT! I Wanna Rock accordian style
:oo

Does anyone think something may come of this? What would you like to see, and what do you think is a realistic outcome?

The ideal collaboration would be Al doing a Snoop style parody which features Snoop himself. I feel pretty confident Snoop would hit that kind of assignment out of the park, given a theme that Al devised. Another equally awesome thing would be a parody of an entirely different artist with Al singing the main parts and Snoop being assigned a verse or part.

Of course there's also the idea of Al "rocking it accordian style" on Snoop's next album, which could mean anything from playing an accompaniment on a song to directing a video to actually being given a verse on the album. None of these things are really that unimaginable, and would make amazing publicity for both Al and Snoop.

There's also the likely outcome that it stays on Twitter, generates a little buzz, but never really leads to anything, or some quirky side project available on an online humor website that the population at large never really sees. I am hoping - PRAYING - it leads to something more.

Thoughts?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Weird Al / Snoop Dogg Collabojam

Post by anthontherun »

I'd love to see a mutual deal where, like you said, Al plays some accordion on Snoop's album and Snoop comes in to do a guest rap on a style parody with Al. The latter doesn't seem all that unrealistic, since Ben Folds and Dweezil Zappa performed on style parodies of their (father's) work.

I'm still waiting to see if any songs emerge from the supposed Hanson collaboration though.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I am not sure if anything would come of this, but honestly it would be pretty awesome IMO if it did.
Is my dude a dweeb?
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I'm hoping something comes of it. I'm a big fan of both guys, so to have them do even one song together would be great, and a bit odd at the same time. Who knows?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Never thought I would say that I'm "following" Snoop Dog on Twitter, but there you go.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

When he said we should do a remix together again, do you think Snoop was referring to Drop It Like It's Hot in the polka, the interview on AL-TV, or both? I would venture to guess Snoop is well aware of both.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

What about this?
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

The most logical step for this would be a parody of California Giurls, seeing as how... y'know... Snoop was in that already.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:When he said we should do a remix together again, do you think Snoop was referring to Drop It Like It's Hot in the polka, the interview on AL-TV, or both? I would venture to guess Snoop is well aware of both.
Well, all Snoop really said apparently was that Al should "do another remake" which if nothing else seems to mean that he just wants Al to put out a new parody...hell, maybe even he wants to see what the lead single to his next album will be as much as we do...and if they collaborated, it might not even be a song...maybe Al would direct a video for him or indeed "rocking accordion style" on Snoop's next album/single or something like that...maybe Al could write an original rap song with a verse for Snoop, but it would be kind of difficult to do a specific "style parody" on any ONE rapper without it sounding almost like any generic goofy rap song that someone like Andy Samberg or any other jerk on YouTube with less talent could've put out...but I'd advise Al to try and write his own rap song anyway, since his lyrics would make it anything but "generic"
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Killingsworth wrote:it would be kind of difficult to do a specific "style parody" on any ONE rapper without it sounding almost like any generic goofy rap song
I seriously do not understand why people think this is true. That would be like your grandma telling you it's impossible to do a style parody of one particular rock act because they all sound the same.