Party In The CIA

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: New Parody 2010

Post by Kevbo1987 »

TMBJon wrote:Weird that everyone is on the "dump on Miley" bandwagon so hard. Whenever I go to a party, my friends put Party In The USA on repeat and everyone dances around to it. NO ONE at the party actually likes the song, of course, but everyone seems to have a sense of irony about it, I guess. I also don't think it's unlistenable. It has an extremely catchy chorus imo...
I just don't like Miley Cyrus. That's all there is to it. I don't think it's the worst song I've ever heard by any stretch, but I just don't like it. I'm not anti-Hot 100 at all, and I had heard the song many times before I heard about the possibility of an Al parody of it. I just simply don't like it.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

So this wasn't played tonight. Either this doesn't exist, or was out of a rotation. Only time will tell...
And Peggy
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Big Spoon wrote:Either this doesn't exist, or was out of a rotation.
Rotation with what, though? The only totally new thing tonight was the polka. Aside from that, there's nothing to really rotate a brand new parody with without replacing another pre-existing song.

And the problem with doing that, is the fact that it'll alienate the audience members who weren't at the "right" show. I mean, I personally felt gypped when I saw Bob and not WDTAHTM -- Imagine missing out on a song that you haven't heard before. :?

So, it's possible something was heard wrong, or it'll be on the actual album. (Wasn't ISY found out this way?)
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Could be they wanted to do a "dress rehearsal" tonight, or just get the easiest stuff to do out of the way and then tomorrow or the next night introduce the brand new material. For all we know, they played the new song during the soundcheck last night and then Al said "nahhh we're not quite ready for this yet."
I'm sure he wants to have the song down perfectly before debuting it live.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

There was some one on this forum (sorry, forgot the exact name) recently who talked with him on the phone and he said that this first show was gonna be like a dress rehearsal. So yeah I can imagine that tomorrow will have a new song in it, but even so, the people who could only afford tickets for tonight's show, they got screwed over quite a bit.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Party in the USA is totally in my iTunes.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

oddaustin wrote:There was some one on this forum (sorry, forgot the exact name) recently who talked with him on the phone and he said that this first show was gonna be like a dress rehearsal. So yeah I can imagine that tomorrow will have a new song in it, but even so, the people who could only afford tickets for tonight's show, they got screwed over quite a bit.
Hey man, it's Delaware. That's what they get for being called The First State. They get the first show.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

At this point do you think the Party In The USA rumor is 1) totally untrue and made up, 2) the source misheard a song and had Miley on his mind, 3) a real song Al is working on but won't be playing live this tour, or 4) we will hear it within the next week on tour?
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I'd go with 2.
And Peggy
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Re: New Parody 2010 [rumored]

Post by Big Spoon »

OR... the "some Disney show" listed in the Yoda Chant could be Party In The USA or a parody of it.
And Peggy