The "Bad Hair Day" Topic

Moderator: Moderators

GroovyGuy88

Post by GroovyGuy88 »

This was the first album of AL's I heard. I was eight years old (and i need to replace my skipping copy) When I do I will hang the old disc on the wall and use the booklet for collages.
Don't let the avatar fool you, I'm a Groovy Guy
dynaboyj
Occasional

Post by dynaboyj »

Just to clarify...I don't have any ALbums, so I just listen to all the songs on YouTube. Recently though I've been watching vids with the songs in them in order to act like it's an album. I've did this with RWS today, and I might do it with BHD either...

Anyway, off topic, so onto the review of Bad Hair Day.

Amish Paradise: Not very great. In my opinion, this was a bit of a disappointment. The music video is decent, however...5/10

Everything You Know Is Wrong: The first song I heard from this album. Sure, the vocals didn't rhyme, but who cares about some dumb matching endings of words? 9.7/10

Cavity Search: I don't think I listened to the whole thing. I don't like many of Al's songs where they revolve around hospitals and stuff...say, Like a Surgeon and this song. It was okay, I guess. 6/10

TO BE CONTINUED
I ate half a million chalupas, and I got fat.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re: The "Bad Hair Day" Topic

Post by HappyGilmore »

I can't say I hate Bad Hair Day at all. Seeing as it was Amish Paradise that made me go out and buy a Weird Al album, it'll always have a soft spot in my heart. Shortly thereafter, I ended up getting every album, even the compilation crap.

Can't say I really dislike any song on the album, although I can understand where the hate would go for a song like "Syndicated Inc" or even "I Remember Larry."
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

On my side the only song I knew from it was AP, however now my all-time favorite on that album is EYKIW. Maybe it`s because of the weirdness of the song - or it`s just its random style - or it`s that they talk about aliens - or I just like it without any reason. Or it`s only because of the Newgrounds video.
dynaboyj
Occasional

Post by dynaboyj »

I'm the craziest of all of you--my favorite on the album is I'm So Sick of You!

Oh yeah-I just found a cool fan-made video for Syndicated Inc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFOY7xlS ... re=related
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

HappyGilmore wrote:I can't say I hate Bad Hair Day at all. Seeing as it was Amish Paradise that made me go out and buy a Weird Al album, it'll always have a soft spot in my heart. Shortly thereafter, I ended up getting every album, even the compilation crap.

Can't say I really dislike any song on the album, although I can understand where the hate would go for a song like "Syndicated Inc" or even "I Remember Larry."
Really? My two favorite songs on the album were always "Everything You Know is Wrong" and "I Remember Larry." I also liked "The Night Santa Went Crazy" a lot until I realized that the word "gypped" (used in both the album version and the "Extra Gory Version") is technically an ethnic slur for Gypsies/Romani, though I highly, highly doubt Al was aware of that.
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

You might the only person that is aware of that.
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I thought it was common knowledge that gypped is an old ethnic slur, but it's kind of become acceptable for better or worse.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I was not aware of that, Jon. I learn a lot of things by being an Al fan.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

TMBJon wrote:I thought it was common knowledge that gypped is an old ethnic slur, but it's kind of become acceptable for better or worse.
I didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. It's just like how many people don't realize that "paddy" was an ethnic slur for the Irish (think "paddy wagon"), so I never use the term "St. Paddy's Day."
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford