New (tv) Movie!

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Al was at last night's screening of TOP SECRET! at The Silent Movie Theater in Los Angeles, introducing the film. Before and after he was interviewed by comedian Scott Auckerman, and they mostly talked about TOP SECRET! and how the ZAZ movies shaped his brand of comedy. (Before the feature, they showed the educational short from AL'S BRAIN, Al's appearance on Circus of the Stars, and the CNR video, which was cool seeing with an audience.)

Anyway, at one point it came up that Al hadn't written or directed a movie since UHF, and Auckerman asked if he had anything in the works. Al hesitated a bit, but eventually said he would break some news that "he hadn't even tweeted yet": that he has a production deal with an "entity", and is currently beginning work on a new screenplay for a made-for-TV movie that he will also direct!

No other beans were spilled, other than we can look forward to seeing this film sometime in 2010 (hopefully along with Album #13!)

Anyone care to guess at what the movie will be? Or what "entity" he has a deal with? I wonder when we'll hear something official, if he already has the deal...? In any case, great news!!!
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Al's Homeboy
Obsessed

Post by Al's Homeboy »

This is awesome! Could it be something similar to UHF maybe?
BUTTER!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Awesome, glad Al is stepping back into the movie business.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

:whoot: This is awesome! I can't wait!
And Peggy
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

OMG YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! This makes me so happy! I wondered when Al would make another movie, even a made-for-TV one...YIPEE!
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

I hope Al also stars in it, Even though directing and writing is great, who wouldn't love some Al screen time!?!
07: 5/5, 8/6
08: 7/9, 7/11
09: Al Fest 8/1, Al's Brain 8/2
10: 6/17, 6/19, 6/25, 6/27, 9/4
11: 5/19, 5/20, 5/21, 7/13
12: 5/11
15: 6/13, 6/16, 7/31
16: 9/23
18: 3/16
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

I love Scott Aukerman.. He always seems tobe genuinely interested and brings the best out in Al, maybe because they're good friends. Anyone who never got CDR Radio podcast #8 should do so.

Great news about the TV film. Al realises its not enough to be a recording artist nowadays, so diversifying is the only way forward
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
weirdalfan1000000
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan1000000 »

I'm so excited! :whoot: Though how can he write a movie and direct it and have it come out next year when a it takes him 2 years to write a 10-15 page children's book?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

He didn't say the movie was coming out next year. He simply said the production of the film could affect the timetable for album release, but he is committed to touring next summer. It seemed as if it remains unclear whether he will finish the album first or go into writing/pre-production on his feature first. I suppose that all depends on the studio's timetable (and if any unignorable hits come out).
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Thanks, TMBJon. I must have misheard him when it came to the release date.

As for whether or not Al himself will star in the film, he didn't say one way or the other. (I would have to assume he'd be in it, though.)
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.