Craigslist

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

weirdalfan1000000 @ June 15, 2009 01:11 pm wrote: The video sort of reminds me of the OMM video for some reason.
Probably because it's the only other video where Al is standing at the microphone the whole time.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

That was friggin' hilarious!! I loved it! Great song, great video!

Al, it's a winner!!

Oh, thanks for the full screen linkage, Stephen... :D
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

:o Most awesomest thing EEEVVVEERR!!!!

Suddenly I don't feel sick anymore :)

Yeah... that was :drool:
Oh snap!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Okay, so I caved and listened to the song with the video minimized, then watched it again with the video. I have to say, even though I really enjoyed it, it wasn't nearly my favorite Al song. IMO, he's done much better. But that being said, I still loved the song and it's great to get something new from Al.

On to the video, I enjoyed the cheesy effects and stock footage Al put in. And he pulled off a great Jim Morrison impersonation. It didn't have much, but it had a low budget, so I understand.

The verse that falls about in the middle, about seeing a girl at a mall, and then posting about it on Craigslist to find her, wasn't that a scene in a movie recently? Or was that from a real news article?
And Peggy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

SPOILER The scene in the coffee shop was about him ranting about the barista. The girl that he saw and was trying to find was in a mall.

Hey, are we allowed to post spoilers freely now about this song? Or should we still wait until tomorrow?
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Big Spoon @ June 15, 2009 06:38 pm wrote: Okay, so I caved and listened to the song with the video minimized, then watched it again with the video. I have to say, even though I really enjoyed it, it wasn't nearly my favorite Al song. IMO, he's done much better. But that being said, I still loved the song and it's great to get something new from Al.

On to the video, I enjoyed the cheesy effects and stock footage Al put in. And he pulled off a great Jim Morrison impersonation. It didn't have much, but it had a low budget, so I understand.

The verse that falls about in the middle, about seeing a girl at a coffee shop, and then posting about it on Craigslist to find her, wasn't that a scene in a movie recently? Or was that from a real news article?
Hes just doing a mild skit on the sort of thing that Craigslist does actually contain
Not for the easily shocked please
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Fixed. I think we're aloud to freely post, IIRC, back when the W&N video came out, I had to be extra careful about where in the forum I went to avoid the spoilers.
And Peggy
Happy Steve
Addicted

Post by Happy Steve »

Woo! Loving the new song. Okay, quickly typed up the lyrics during lunch.
Craigslist lyrics

Probably needs some tweaks. I'll get to them later.
"Of COURSE I think, Steve! I think all the time! Sheesh!"
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Do we know for sure that Ray Manzarek (original keyboard player for The Doors) actually played keyboards on "craigslist"? I kind of assumed he did, based on the picture of him and Al on Al's Twitter page recently, but strange how the Spinner article didn't mention that.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Since Spinner got some direct quotes from Al, I would think that Al would have mentioned it if Manzarek did the keybooarding. I guess there's no way to tell for sure until tomorrow's chat thingy.