Pictures

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

Hi Bermuda!

First of all, thank you a bunch for taking the time to post pics of you, Al, and the band at weirdal.com. All the fans really appreciate it.

You've mentioned in the past that you don't wish images from weirdal.com to be used in other websites. How do you feel about people taking images from weirdal.com and adding to them? For example, putting themselves in the picture? Is that still a no-no, or is it okay to be posted to a website?

Smegabyte
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Oh, you mean like this?

Well, even with a lot of work they will only look so good, and everyone knows where the original pic came from, and it doesn't really help the person who doctored it, and it's hardly an original idea... but I still don't want anyone using images from weirdal.com!!

Bermuda
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

Hi!

I wasn't so much thinking of that kind of picture in particular...I was thinking more along the lines of the ones here:

http://www.geocities.com/smegabyte2001/tabloid.html

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best at doing this. But they do look pretty good for not being done with Photoshop or anything like that. (Plus, they're a bunch of fun to do.)

Smegabyte
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

*sigh* I always forget something.

That link isn't linked to any part of my page-it's just up so you can see what I'm talking about (since I have no idea how to imbed a picture into the message).

And I won't do any more if you don't want me to...and I took the one or two that I had off my page.

Smegabyte
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Yeah, I'd still rather that pictures not be taken from weirdal.com Basically, when fans see images taken from my site, they tend to frown on it as much as I do. I think there are plenty of opportunities for fresh graphics to help your site be uniwue, just as I want weirdal.com to remain unique.

Bermuda
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

This forum had a photo of weird al copied from weirdal.com. Bermuda told me that he didn't want that I used that picture. So I changed it to another original photo of weird al and added my logo to it. (see at the top!).

[ This Message was edited by: test_by_whizzi on 2001-11-03 17:13 ]
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

On 2001-11-03 10:22, WHiZZi wrote:

This forum had a photo of weird al copied from weirdal.com. Bermuda told me that he didn't want that I used that picture. So I changed it to another original photo of weird al and added my logo to it. (see at the top!).

I'm just curious WHiZZi, where did the picture come from? I just think you made a great choice for the logo, and it definitely gives the board a unique look.

[ This Message was edited by: CatraDhtem on 2001-11-03 18:03 ]
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

On 2001-11-03 18:00, CatraDhtem wrote:

I'm just curious WHiZZi, where did the picture come from?  I just think you made a great choice for the logo, and it definitely gives the board a unique look.

[ This Message was edited by: CatraDhtem on 2001-11-03 18:03 ]

Well, I've got an exclusive picture from Bermuda. Thanks to him this forum is started up.
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Yes, I volunteered that photo to Whizzi for this forum, but that should not be construed as an offer to supply photos to other sites!

Bermuda
whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

Smegabyte! How very.....topical! LOL (what a mess that other one turned out to be, huh?)

I think it was very thoughtful for you to ask Berm!

I must say, the unique factor is something to consider! LOL

Nothing like surfing around, just to keep finding the same ol' stuff over and over!

------On another note........is there a "trouble shooting" guide or a "how to" that accompanies this forum?

At the risk of sounding like a dumb-dumb....The only thing I have figured out here, so far, is how to get text to show up.

*sigh*

I'll "get it" one of these days!