The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh @ Oct 26 2006, 09:01 PM wrote: ... minnianapolis
It looks like you've combined Minneapolis and Indianapolis there. :D Reading that, I started to get a little confused. But anyway, if we visit my uncle this year--we usually spend a weekend to watch a Notre Dame football game, etc.--I'll try and gather some people to come with me and see the twine ball.

What's the deal with the museum thing? You have to call ahead in order to get someone over there to let you in??? That sounds weird....
taste is only something if it is yours.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Yes, you have to call ahead because Darwin is not a high-traffic area. They'll open things upon request.
This means something. This is important.
gilmanc

Post by gilmanc »

Gotta say this is my favorite song by far. Great send up of Harry Chapin being silly... 30,000lb of Bananas silly. Then of course, there's the increase in intensity as the song goes on, both in Al's singing and in Bermuda's drumming.

I test my Weird Al preferences often, and this always comes up #1.
weirdalfan1000000
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan1000000 »

I am absolutely pitiful for mentioning this, but on the new Suite Life of Zach and Cody tonight, they were going somewhere for vacation, and one place they thought about going was to the "World's Biggest Ball of Twine".
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

You're not pitiful, just brave.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Go Twins!!
taste is only something if it is yours.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

When Twineballs Go Bad.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
babadavis1
Occasional

Post by babadavis1 »

Absolutely my favorite of Al's originals. I hope to make the road trip to see it. In the meantime, I believe the Shuffleboard Hall of Fame is somewhere in Florida.
...googles...

Wow! Right over in St. Pete! I may have to start a collection of pictures of myself at the places mentioned in TBBIM.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Somebody made a recent Twine Ball pilgrimage. With good photos and Darwin, MN bar reviews, just for extra.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I'm just now getting around to playing the old point-and-click computer game Sam & Max Hit the Road. The world's biggest ball of twine (located in Minnesota on the game map) is one of the destination in the game. Apparently the Sam & Max team are fans of the twine ball too.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;