DVR Alerts

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

In case you don't know about it, here's one for the bookmarking (it's one of the places I check for WAY tv appearances)

http://www.musicstation.com/rockontv/

There is going to be a VH1 show that is not directly WAY related, but I saw a bit of it last week. I happened to tune in while they were discussing Puff Daddy/P. Diddy's video. I got to see the part that Al referenced with Drew Carey (both boys looking good in the shiny red suits doing choreography) as well as a discussion from the woman who designed and talked PD into wearing the shiny suits (thanks to her pop culture influence we have the Silver Suit!!) I don't know if the rest of the show is worth watching, but that bit is. Sorry I don't know how far into the program it is. The info if you want to see it is: VH1 12/12/02 11:00 AM ET Top 30 Hip Hop Videos Of All Time. At least I hope that is the program I saw :dontgetit: I believe that is the show were I saw the MC Hammer video for U Can't Touch This.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Reading the update over at weirdal.com

AL SPEAKS OUT!

Recently Al has been interviewed for a whole bunch of TV shows, including "VH1 Goes Inside The American Music Awards," VH1's "100 Greatest Rock & Roll TV Moments," VH1's "I Love The 80's" (premiering Dec. 16), and A&E's "Biography" on Billy Barty (premiering Dec. 12). So tune in, and you may (or may not) hear what he's got to say!

Bermuda, what do you mean "you may (or may not) hear what he's got to say?" Does it mean that he has done the interviews, but you just never know until it's aired what they included?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I think it's a joke, like on GH1: "If you hate this album..."
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Missed the Billy Barty Biography (try saying that three times fast!) because 5 minutes before it was to come on I remembered that my cable provider doesn't have A & E. :mad:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I think I got it on tape, but I haven't watched it yet. So who knows?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE Suffering through VIP just to see Al was on par with my suffering through Allie McBeal just to see Elton John. What we fans don't do!?

I got lucky; Scottidog did the suffering for me, and sent me a tape with just the Al bits (thanks, Scotti!)

While I agree that I don't exactly see him as a pink t-shirt kind of guy, and I'm hoping he doesn't give up the Hawaiian shirts in favor of feather boas, it did seem to me that Al had some input into the writing. The "Pauly Shore film festival" and the zoom shot up his nostrils definitely had the look of Al-ish in-jokes.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE it did seem to me that Al had some input into the writing. The \"Pauly Shore film festival\" and the zoom shot up his nostrils definitely had the look of Al-ish in-jokes.

I wondered that too. I think perhaps Pamela Anderson is a fan. Or at least one of the writers. "Weird Al Yankovic? That great composer?" and "I wasn't on Celebrity Death Match. It was, ya know... clay." If Al didn't contribute to it, it was certainly written by someone with a Yankovicion mind...

I also wondered if Al played the accordion in the background music?

Hey OE... Watching Al is never a hardship. Especially when you have a fast forward button nearby... And a pause button :inlove:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE If Al didn't contribute to it, it was certainly written by someone with a Yankovicion mind...

Hmmm... that might be "Yankovician". I'm not sure of the spelling, despite my moniker... but I'm sure it isn't "Yankovicious."

In attempting to hook up the new DVD player, I have now reached the stage at which nothing works, and I have no idea why. :nervous:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE QUOTE Yankovicion  

Hmmm... that might be "Yankovician".

Yeah, I thought so too, but decided to go with "ion" because of it's accordion connection. After all, if I'm making up words, I might as well make them as "Weird" as possible.

I dunno. My TV is only a couple of years old, so the VCR plugs into the back and the DVD plugs into the front. It should be theoretically possible to have both hooked up at the same time...

<Scottidog crosses her paws and thinks good thoughts for you, OE. You NEED to see UHF with the commentary track!>
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Al to appear on another episode of A&E's Biography. Information is from VH1's Rock On TV.

Times listed are:

04/28/03 09:00 pm ET

04/29/03 01:00 am ET

04/29/03 12:00 pm ET

04/29/03 06:00 pm ET

05/03/03 02:00 pm ET

About: Florence Henderson: Here's The Story

Behind her signature smile and cheerful exuberance is a woman who used work and talent to earn a permanent place in American pop culture.

BIOGRAPHY: FLORENCE HENDERSON: HERE'S THE STORY chronicles the life of the woman who by age 17 had moved from her impoverished roots to the bright lights of Broadway. Soon, Florence Henderson was leading the touring company of Oklahoma! and in 1954 she starred in Broadway's Fanny. TV was winning over the nation and Florence found her way into the medium, hosting the Oldsmobile Music Theatre and in 1959, joined NBC's Today. In 1969, she landed the role as Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch. After the show went off the air, Florence went on to endorse Wesson Oil and to numerous guest roles on some of TV's most popular series.

BIOGRAPHY: FLORENCE HENDERSON: HERE'S THE STORY reveals that for nine seasons her humor and spontaneity made her a favorite as the host of the Country Kitchen, on the Nashville Network. In 1999, she accepted a spot on NBC's newest morning show, Later Today. After that, she began accepting a series of offbeat roles, including Ally McBeal. After five decades in show business, Florence continues to charm millions of TV viewers with her boundless optimism and humor. Highlights include: Brady Bunch home movies and behind-the-scenes footage from Ally McBeal; candid photos from early childhood; Florence singing in Oklahoma. Interviews include performers Shirley Jones, Barry Williams, Bill Hayes, Anne B. Davis, Chris Knight, Mike Lookinland, Al Yankovic, Susan Olsen; children Barbara Chase, Joseph Bernstein, Liz Russell, Robert Bernstein; husband John Kappas.