So, did you see Al on (insert program name here)?

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

So, did you see Al on (insert program name here)?

Post by scottidog »

I thought we should pull the program reviews out of the VCR Alert topic so we don't have to wade through that topic to get to the Alert details.

I taped Biography:Billy Barty and finally got around to watching it. Al showed up in, I think, three segments. He loooooooked mahvelous! His hair is getting really long. :inlove:

His comments were pretty good. It was interesting to note that he was listed as "Al Yankovic, Comedian" Good to see he wasn't "Weird" for the interview. But they never mentioned UHF or the fact that Al and Billy had worked together, or even that Al actually knew him. It was a really good show. Billy was quite a man.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I liked that Al Yankovic thing -- he was clearly not in character for this one. On VH1 I Love The 80s though he is very much in character and credited as such. Weird or not, Al is very nice to see on TV. I always wish these shows would give him more airtime than they do.
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Yeah, definatly in character in I Love The 80's. But you gotta admitt, Al did comb his hair a little sideways on the day those segments were taped.

JAM
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Yeah, I noticed that too. Tho' I don't think Al combs his hair all that often.

QUOTE Usually I finger-comb my hair, but every once in a while (about the time I start looking like a reggae musician) I need to use a real comb. This is not very fun, and usually takes half an hour or so. When I shampoo I usually use Nexxus products, and I get my hair cut at least once a year, whether I need it or not.

He needs to get one of those really broad tooth combs. They work great on my hair and are pretty painless if you use them when you have the conditioner in your hair!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I was watching VH1 and saw a couple of Al things.

On Behind The Red Carpet, there was an ever so brief flash of Bad Hair Al.

Last night there was a show about the American Music Awards. There was a short snippet of Al talking about "Prince." Apparently what's-his-symbol-thingy sent out a memo to the people who would be sitting in the area around him, telling them not to look at him. Al said he sent Prince a memo back telling Prince not to look at AL! Heh! Gee, I wonder why Prince would never let Al do a parody?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

QUOTE I was watching VH1 and saw a couple of Al things.

On Behind The Red Carpet, there was an ever so brief flash of Bad Hair Al.

Last night there was a show about the American Music Awards.  There was a short snippet of Al talking about \"Prince.\"  Apparently what's-his-symbol-thingy sent out a memo to the people who would be sitting in the area around him, telling them not to look at him.  Al said he sent Prince a memo back telling Prince not to look at AL!   Heh!  Gee, I wonder why Prince would never let Al do a parody?

I thought i noticed Al on the red carpet show. At least I know Im right now.!

Mike
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE Last night there was a show about the American Music Awards.

Speaking of which, it seems as if Coolio has mellowed out a little. I guess a few stints behind bars and a sagging recording career will cause an artist to long for the days when Weird Al used to parody them.

At least he was big about it. "I've made fun of people, too. That's what it's all about...we're entertainers."

Y'eah, bo'y!