One More Minute

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

That must have sounded amazing, Jeremy. I love barbershop, and that song is perfect for it. Did anyone think to record that?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, it really did, Patti.

I'm sure no one recorded it yesterday, as it was just a quick 4 songs around our dinner.

They do have a website, though, at ChangeOfHeartQuartet.org. I know that they sell CDs through there, but I really wouldn't want you to have to do that for a recording. As it's $15 w/ $3 shipping for a CD and you have to mail in the order form....

I'll try to see if Dr. Miller or his wife can get me a recording of just that for me and I'll send it to ya....

Anyway, it was a great performance to cap off a great, very memorable trip...
Pickle
Regular

Post by Pickle »

Alinite27 @ September 22, 2008 04:24 pm wrote: I went on a marching band trip to perform at halftime of the Indianapolis Colts-Jacksonville Jaguars football game yesterday. On our way back, we stopped to eat at a very nice banquet place. My assitant band director's wife is part of a women's barbershop quartet singing group that is based with three of their members out of Indianapolis called Change of Heart....They performed One More Minute as their second song...I was like "This sounds familiar."..."I know this."..."It's WEIRD AL!!!"...I couldn't believe they would be doing an Al song, as I had never heard one performed like that before. They did an unbelievable arrangment of the song. This really got me excited again...
Hey Jeremy,

Judging by the fact that you mentioned it was a Colts game, that your band director's wife is part of a Indy group, AND that another team was involved (and you mention it being a trip), I'm assuming it was an away game lol.

At any rate (now that I've backed up my assumptions in a confusing way) I was wondering if you've played in the LOS? How are the acoustics? I'm really hoping to be there for ISSMA State Finals, if not performing than spectating.

More on topic, I wish more of Al's songs got some outside group attention. I love a Capella groups and barbershop. I heard a male quartet on YouTube do One More Minute. It was technically good, but not that cool to listen to.
English doesn't just borrow from other languages, it mugs them on the street and checks their pockets for loose grammar.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, well, albeit the confusing explanation :huh: , we did perform in the new Lucas Oil Stadium for the Colts.

It was a really nice stadium. We had a free rehearsal hour from 11:15-12:15, and it was amazing to be on that field. It was an incredible field to march on, perfect give-and-go, allowing for perfect movements in slides and turns, and such...it has really nice facilities in it, as in huge exhibition rooms, although, I would have preferred to have been able to see the game...

Anyway, the acoustics in the building are actually really good. They had the dome closed becuase there was a slight threat of showers during the day, and it was closed when we had our rehearsal. The echo wasn't bad at all, as it would be in a dome. It actually kind of just amplified and cleaned everything. We performed with the cleanest sound that I have heard during rehearsal, and our director said the same thing about our performance during halftime. Aanother neat thing was playing on the field...you can only hear yourself and a tad of the little bit of the person next to you.

Just a really, really nice experience...I would recommend that place to anyone. The performance thing was in a banquet hall at Jonathan Byrd's Cafeteria, an amazing place to eat...
Pickle
Regular

Post by Pickle »

That is excellent! I had heard nothing good about the acoustics. I actually had heard that they were better with the roof/doors open! So many conflicting reviews, it's hard to tell. I guess it depends on the type of sound (the only music review I've heard is for Kenny Chesney) and perhaps they may have adjusted some things. Depends on seating, too.

Sorry that I can't make this more Al related, but I'm a big band geek and had to seize the opportunity to ask!!
English doesn't just borrow from other languages, it mugs them on the street and checks their pockets for loose grammar.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Wow, people are writing lots of things....

This is one of my favorite Al songs. Just because it's so neat. ^_^
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
iloveweirdalandqueen
Regular

Post by iloveweirdalandqueen »

amreallylikespoodles @ September 25, 2008 06:52 am wrote: Wow, people are writing lots of things....

This is one of my favorite Al songs. Just because it's so neat. ^_^
I love the video.
Fear does not live where love exists.

Love always gives, always has hope, and believes the best.

LOVE NEVER FAILS.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: One More Minute

Post by TMBJon »

I just discovered this video on YouTube today. I'm not sure how well known it is, but I had never seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahlbbhmeivY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Al lip syncs to One More Minute at the very edge of the ocean with Jon, Jim, and Steve doing a similar routine as the music video. It gets crazy.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

TMBJon wrote:I just discovered this video on YouTube today. I'm not sure how well known it is, but I had never seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahlbbhmeivY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Al lip syncs to One More Minute at the very edge of the ocean with Jon, Jim, and Steve doing a similar routine as the music video. It gets crazy.

This video is unavailable.
Sorry about that.
:\
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

But it's such a neat video!
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ