Oh This Is A Story About Tbitb...

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ooh, maybe he'd decide to tour in the Midwest, too! That would be too cool!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

albinodwarf27 @ September 20, 2008 05:53 pm wrote: Ambra, if you can make that happen, I'll be first in line to buy a ticket!
If this happens, I'll even skip work to be there if I have to! The winery is up on the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway so the scenery is gorgeous and the wine is very tasty too! :Y The concerts are usually held outside and they have tents set up to serve wine, by the bottle or by the glass and yes, they do keep tabs on how much you drink and cut you off at a certain point. I'm going to try to sell them on doing a Luau themed event with Jim and some of his fellow slack key muscians as the entertainment.

Edit: I got "Kimo Style" in the mail today and listened to it when I got home from work and again, literally moved to tears by the beauty of the music. I sent the email to the winery and one to Jim; I'm also going to contact the organizers of a big music festival that's held here every July called "Floyd Fest" which features musicians of various types to suggest Jim as a performer. I'm determined to get him up here for a concert!
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

Just wanted let you guys know Jim posted on his myspace blog that his slack key guitar Christamas cd is coming out October 1st and is available now for pre-order through Amazon.
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

Ambra @ September 21, 2008 01:52 pm wrote: Just wanted let you guys know Jim posted on his myspace blog that his slack key guitar Christamas cd is coming out October 1st and is available now for pre-order through Amazon.
:yay:

wonderful news

*plans to purchase*
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.
polkarama27
Addicted

Post by polkarama27 »

....And of course, I don't have any money to buy either Steve's new Cd and Book and Jim' new CD! Gosh :rolleyes:
Captain Ollie: She's not your usual teenage writer.
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

I should get it. That would be cool. And Steve's CD. Only if I had some money...
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Let's try this again since we lost a few posts -

Jim's new cd, Kimo's Hawaiian Slack Key Christmas, is fabulous and everyone should order a copy - except CDBaby shows it as out of stock already and Amazon was down to 2 copies as of yesterday, but they'll have more in before the holidays so keep checking back. :)

It really is lovely. I hope everyone has it in their hot little hands by Thanksgiving!
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

I got an email from Amazon yesterday saying it had been shipped so I should get mine Monday or Tuesday. I received "Coconut Hat" Thursday and I've been enjoying that ever since! I'm still working on getting Jim out here to VA; I sent him info on Floyd Fest and the winery that has the music festivals. He said he's definitely going to check out both so, fingers crossed, things will work out! And if it does, I expect to see some WOWAY folks--besides myself and Nancy--there! :D