Oh This Is A Story About Tbitb...

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

catanddogdoctor @ September 14, 2008 06:13 pm wrote: Steve plays the accordion on To Be You.

M-
Wow I'm impressed. What a guy! :)
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

Thanks to holiday pay and mandatory overtime, I had some extra money so I went over to amazon and ordered two each of Jim's and Steve's cds. I got Steve's "Tangled Strings" and "Self-Avoiding Random Walk" and Jim's "Slack Key West" and "Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar--'Kimo Style'". They're supposed to be shipped on Tuesday so hopefully I'll get them within a week or so.

I was listening to some of the samples of Steve's music at CD Baby and one of my cats, Prima, came running into the living room and started purring and rubbing up against the sofa! Guess she likes Steve's music too!
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

I was pleasantly surprised to find "Self-Avoiding Random Walk" in my mailbox this afternoon since it wasn't even supposed to be shipped out until today. I listened to it this evening and it's wonderful! Steve is just so immensely talented it's scary! And my cat, Prima, went nuts! She came running out of the bedroom within a minute of me starting the cd, started rubbing up against the sofa, then jumped in my lap. She even became affectionate towards my other cat, Frankie, rubbing her head against his. Normally, she ignores him or just tolerates him being around.

If you haven't gotten any of Steve's cds, I highly recommend checking this one out. You can find some decently priced used copies at Amazon. Now I just have to wait to get the other CDs I ordered and I'm even more excited to hear those now!
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Ambra, you may want to pick up a copy of Steve's new cd (Physical Answer) - I bet Prima would like it, too :) It's terrific!
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

I plan on getting that one too. I just got "Tangled Strings" in the mail today; I'm going to listen to that when I get home tonight.
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

I heard some of his music from Outer Voice -- tie me over till I get my Cd -- dangit, it's good :) Like a song title of his "Can't Wait Long" 8)
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

I listened to "Tangled Strings" last night and I absolutely love it! I'm definitely going to get the rest of his CDs. Now I just have to wait for the two cds of Jim's that I ordered.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I have "Tangled Strings" and "Self Avoiding Random Walk". I love them both. I need more Steve cds. I could have asked Steve to sign my Tangled Strings cd in July, but noooo! *smacks forehead*

I also own "Coconut Hat" "Slack Key West" and "Kimo Style". Also highly recommended. I did get Jim to sign my Coconut Hat cd last year.

:D
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

I got "Slack Key West" yesterday and listened to it after I got off work. Absolutely beautiful! I joined the mailing list at Jim's website and left a comment on his myspace. I told him I'd love to see him play here in SW Va and mentioned there's a winery up here that does music festivals and events during the spring through the fall. I said "Who knows? Maybe if I take your cds up there, I can convince them to have a slack key guitar festival!" He commented back and said he'd love to play in this area and let him know if I had any ideas! I'm going to contact the winery, give them his website, and give Jim the website to contact them. Keeping my fingers crossed they can have him up here for the festival season next year!
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Ambra, if you can make that happen, I'll be first in line to buy a ticket!
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise