Greatest "Weird Al" Yankovic Songs Chit Chat

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

I haven't been around the forums long enough to completely grasp the whole story behind Crazy Cow Therapist. It's sad, because I like to have fun and make fun of things, and I can't do it here. Anyone care to explain the joke?
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

What joke? Crazy Cow Therapist is a real Al song; one of the rarest of his rarities. (Right behind OOMO.)
And Peggy
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Give it up already. Let CCT enjoy a final moment in the sun.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

See what I mean? This would be fun if I were actually in on the joke!
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

AlejandraDD @ Aug 18 2008, 01:02 AM wrote: See what I mean? This would be fun if I were actually in on the joke!
Don't worry, I'm not really getting it either...I'm just playing along. :Y
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

1. It's All About The Pentiums
2. Since You've Been Gone
3. Smells Like Nirvana
4. The Saga Begins
5. Callin' In Sick
6. Pancreas
7. Your Horoscope For Today
8. Albuquerque
9. Weasel Stomping Day
10. Another One Rides The Bus
11. My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder
12. You Don't Love Me Anymore
13. My Bologna
14. I Lost On Jeopardy
15. Ebay
16. Cavity Search
17. Eat It
18. Livin' In The Fridge
19. Everything You Know Is Wrong
20. Yoda

I'm very glad to see "SLN" ranked above "White & Nerdy."

Thanks for putting this whole shindig together, Dave. :Y
taste is only something if it is yours.
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

Yes, thanks again Dave! I really enjoyed this, and the commentaries on the top 20 were great too.

So it seems some people really did vote for CCT. Are the points shown the actual points that it earned or did you just make that up? How did you account for the "missing" points that were alotted to a fake song? Or am I wrong and nobody really voted for it?
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I did some checking, and Running with Scissors is the only album to have all of its songs nominated. "Weird Al" Yankovic and Alapalooza are the only albums to not have any songs in the top 20. Running with Scissors, Dare to Be Stupid, and Even Worse all have the most number of songs in the top 20, each having three songs. Interestingly, all three Running with Scissors and Dare to be Stupid songs are in the top 10, two songs from Dare to be Stupid are listed back-to-back in the top 5, and all three Running with Scissors songs are ranked back-to-back-to-back.

Additionally, the top 10 list includes two songs each from Bad Hair Day, UHF, Poodle Hat, Off the Deep End, and In 3-D.
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

weird user @ Aug 18 2008, 11:21 AM wrote: Additionally, the top 10 list includes two songs each from Bad Hair Day, UHF, Poodle Hat, Off the Deep End, and In 3-D.
By In 3-D, I assume you mean Dare to Be Stupid. And by two songs, you mean at least two, except for BHD, UHF and OTDE which only have one. :P

Still that's interesting about RWS. I hadn't noticed that.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Notable songs that didn't make the list:"Buckingham Blues""The Check's In The Mail""Such A Groovy Guy""The Brady Bunch" (how did this not get any votes? :blink:)"Buy Me A Condo" (worthy of a mention)"George Of The Jungle""Cable TV" (ditto)"Hooked On Polkas""Polka Party!""Here's Johnny""Toothless People""Stuck In A Closet With Vanna White" (should have been on the list)"Alimony""Gandhi II""Isle Thing" (what, no Gilligan Island fans here?)"The Hot Rocks Polka" (the best polka not to make the list)"Let Me Be Your Hog" (oh, the humanity! :oo)"She Drives Like Crazy" (most underrated parody ever)"Spatula City" (because it's not a song, right? :unsure:)"I Can't Watch This""She Never Told Me She Was A Mime""Harvey The Wonder Hamster" (See what you did, you made Harvey cry. ;()"Waffle King""I'm So Sick Of You""Syndicated Inc.""Trash Day""Baby Likes Burping" "Belvedere Cruising""Chicken Pot Pie""Dr. Demento's 15th Anniversary Song""Hit Me With A Rock""I Need A Nap""If I Could Make Love To A Bottle""I'm In Love With The Skipper" (what is it with you Gilligan Island fans?)"I'm Stupid Blues""Leisure Suit Serenade""Lousy Haircut" "Nobody Here But Us Frogs""Polka Patterns""Snack All Night""Spy Hard (Theme From The Motion Picture Spy Hard)" (another definite)"School Cafeteria" (yep)"The Yoda Chant" (da din din da da din din da na...)"You Don't Take Your Showers" "Won't Eat Prunes Again"plus every song (except FLTU) from the 1984 or 1985 medley: "Avocado", "Moldy Now", "Doctor Doctor", "Make Me Steak #3," "Burger King", "Don't You Forget About Meat, "Spameater", "Whole Lotta Lunch", "Flatbush Avenue", "Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut", "Take The L Out Of Liver", "Fatter", "We Got The Beef" (ah, all classics! I should have just nominated the whole medley instead of picking one song from it.)Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!