Occasional

Post by WhiteAndNerdy27 »

:huh:

:blink:

:o

:angry:

:S

:peace:
I pitty the fool, who eats poopy pizza for breakfast!
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Well, Well, Well @ Apr 19 2007, 11:04 PM wrote: That may violate the law of non-contradiction. Or something.

I was trying to figure out how to word that. While looking at the booklet, multiple studios were used for different songs to be recorded in. At least four different studios were used to record songs.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I know I'm probably coming REALLY late to this party, but did we know that SOL made Amazon.com's list of the 100 best CD's of 2006? I didn't. BTW, Al came in at #45. :Y
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

All right! Congrats, Al! :whoot:
And Peggy
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

Cool! I had no idea...well that's awesome!
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I know I'm probably coming REALLY late to this party, but did we know that SOL made Amazon.com's list of the 100 best CD's of 2006? I didn't. BTW, Al came in at #45. :Y
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Your late, and somebody showed up wearing the same dress as you :P

(that was a joke, acknowledging the fact that she made the same post at the top of the page, I feel I should say this, because I am so horrible at telling jokes)

Seriously, that really cool though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON AL!!!
Oh snap!
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

Haha. I got it, and thought it was funny!
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Congrats, Al!
Average.Amanda
Occasional

Post by Average.Amanda »

Congrats from me, too! :D

I thought SOL was a great album.... and I seriously love the karaoke versions on the dvd side. Kinda hard to keep up though because of all the overlapping voices, but who needs to breathe? Haha.

The cover? WOW. Gangsta Al? Love it. The inside of the cover-booklet was even better, though. Gotta wonder if the band was at all reluctant to dress like prostitutes! Ha. Oh, and picture on the back of the album was very, very good. ;)

The music was, of course great. Favorite song was "White and Nerdy"... in fact, at the recent concert in Grand Prairie, after that song was over, and everything got pitch black, I stood up and shouted "REPRESENT!" I really, really love that song. xD Oh, and for a song about a secreting organ, "Pancreas" was an unusually pretty song. The contrast is great. "I'll Sue Ya." I headbang 'till I can't headbang no more when that song comes on. Everyone in my family loves that one... but they don't like when I stop in the middle of the aisle in WalMart so I can scream along with my earphones and throw my head around like a madwoman.

"Close But No Cigar" kinda made me go "whoah there" the first time I heard it because I hadn't really gotten the gist of the real theme and so was very indignant that men were supposed to be so picky about choosing a woman. The second time around though, I realized it was a really funny, ironic song. I have to admit though, as good as the song was, I didn't care at all for the video. I mean, the animation was great, the idea of making the lead character a cat was pretty funny, but, well.... the video was a gross-fest. I don't know if it was the insane disembowel-the-small-furry-animals cat and the gore or the ugly, way-too-saggy women and their inappropriate scenes (the bathtub scene, the "copy of Joe Dirt" scene...), but something really, really turns me off that video. Plus, I hated hearing Al's voice on that demented cat.... it was creepy! Lol.
"How 'bout if I just strap you naked to a chair and cover you with cheese...? Yeah, cheese... you want it all over you...?"