Money For Nothing / Beverly Hillbillies

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hmm, unless Dr. Dad knows something. hehe! I don't remember Al going into a lot of detail about Mark on Behind the Music. I think he just mentioned about Mark saying he'd let Al do the parody as long as he played guitar on it.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

algonacchick @ May 28 2004, 01:15 AM wrote: I don't remember Al going into a lot of detail about Mark on Behind the Music. I think he just mentioned about Mark saying he'd let Al do the parody as long as he played guitar on it.
I don't remember him going into details on BTM either, but I can't think of where else I might have remembered it from since I was sure it wasn't a print interview.

Oh well. As I said, I'm probably just misremembering something. Not gonna lose sleep over it...or will I? :unsure:
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I think the only thing Al said on BTM. Was that Mark said "Yeah you can do the parody if I can play guitar on it." And Al was like "Yeah sure you can." That's about as far as it went. I don't think it went into much detail. But that's what I remenber.
Al team # 2836
ILoveRockyRoad
Occasional

Post by ILoveRockyRoad »

Beverly Hillbillies is not my favorite song at all. I can watch the video, but for some odd reason, its like Jurassic Park to me. Theres just something there that I do not like. The guitar solo is my fav. part of the whole thing. everything else, is just boring.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Paul Henning, who not only created the show but wrote the theme song that Al quotes in "Money for Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies" died on Friday. :(

Thanks to el for mentioning this.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

I'm a newbie to UHF having only seen it for the first time a few months ago

(yes, somehow I existed beforehand!!!)

and the moment in the film where the song starts and the cartoon Al is waking from his slumber is sooo cool. I was sitting there in the near dark, headphone of awesomeness on, and staring at the screen -- I got goosebumps and was thinking "This Film is SO awesome!!" -- and of course there's many many scenes I enjoy but that first part as the video segment gets started there's this "whoah" moment... um, obviously I'm having a difficult time putting this into the best of words but -- I loved it :)
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

MFN/BH gives me a reason to live. Period.
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

GuyWhoIsAnonymous @ Apr 11 2008, 01:01 PM wrote: MFN/BH gives me a reason to live. Period.
I knew you'd post in here at some point. haha
nerdforlife
Obsessed

Post by nerdforlife »

I like MFN/BH better than the original song. Although, Dire Straits are good.
Hi. Name's Raquel.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I think they're both equally as good.