<SPOILERS!> Australian Ultimate Videos DVD

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Dave, if you're able to dispense with peripherals and commune with your computer telepathically, you need to get outside more often.

haha. Actually I just use it as a big paperweight now. :)

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I read in the other topic on the DVD in the Media Al section that the clips of The Tommorow Show and The Weird Al Show werent on the Aussie DVD. There might be a reason for this. I dont know this for sure, I just thought of it, but maybe they couldent get clearance for using the clips for a release ouside the U.S. seeing as how they arent owned by Al's label like the music videos are. Just a thought.

btw- I would have posted this at the other topic, but it does regard the Aussie release, so I figured it fit in this topic better. :thumbsup:
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

No, I think it's simply the fact that it was a rush release.

Mewrio,
-going to order A LOT of Al-DVD's from the US soon... ;)
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Well, think about it. Al would want you guys over in Australia to be able to see the clips just as much wouldent he? I mean, he isnt the kind of person who would want others to be left out. Lets just say that they couldent in fact get clearance for the clips. So they were able to release the Aussie version a month earlier because they didnt have to worry about putting the clips on it. And it took another month to get the US version out because they were still working on the extras. I'm sure if they could have gotten clearance for them they would have been on the DVD, and it would have been released at the same time as the US version.

Thats just my thoughts on the subject. I submitted a question about it to Ask Al. Hopefully Al will find it a good question to answer.
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...