OOC WAY fanfiction

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

QUOTE It was a tiny bit OOC, but I enjoyed it. Hope I can read it again sometime. And I hate DBZ, too!

Ack, hostile territory! Polka defense cry!

Albuquerque! Albuquerque!
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
al fan300
Regular

Re: OOC WAY fanfiction

Post by al fan300 »

[MOD Edit:  Rather than just looking to be insulted, perhaps we could discuss any fanfic where Al or TBITB seem OOC, and why they seem that way to you. If it's because you are insulted, or offended, that's ok. But let's keep the tone friendly and civil.] - Scottidog

Scotti, I wasn`t trying to be rude or anything.But I wouldn`t blame you for thinking that way it is hard to show your emotion and stuff when it is words on a screen.Ya know.

Anyway guys I didn`t really mean it`s 100 % insulting but that was mainly if any one else here found one that was MEANT to be insulting were the author wanted to insult our boy which i should have explained better.

and the whole "he`s only related in the story",I an fully aware but still...that`s just dumb I don`t really enjoy stories like that [for example kinds where it has charactors from the show,movie,ect but the events in that show,movie,ect has nothing to do with it and almost like a alternative reality;and I considered the one with al visitng a relative from the show a example of those stories,others may disagree but that is how I am]

the negro thing wasn`t what I was concintrateing on either but the fact al was portrayed like a idiot though it was sorta fuNNY[capitalization intended;explanations for the readers' convenience can be xplained on pm]

sorry for misunderstanding.I never was looking to be insulting at all guys.

Now back to discussion.Basically not much stories out there are meant to insult al but did annoy me for my own personal beliefs.

I just personally don`t like al being portrayed like a compleat moron even though al does do lampoonary he does it in a friendly way and not meant to be rude.

Dang I am getting all stressed again.Once again I need to keep my thoughts to myself around here and not trust you guys 127% to not make me stressed out [not like I don`t trust you but not with how I think on things].

Maybe everything came out the wrong way but still this is getting me a little annoyed.

well at least i fixed up my pc from all spyware and got a 90 on my science test so this isn`t all that bad. :biggrin:

Now that I got that off my chest continu with your lives.

-NNY

who is happy that he got his pc fixed
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Scotti, I wasn`t trying to be rude or anything.

No, I know you weren't. But the conversation was heading in a direction that could have gotten ugly. I just wanted to head that off, and get back to the topic.
al fan300
Regular

Post by al fan300 »

Really?Since you put it that way than thanx! :biggrin:

Well i wanted to say that cuz it SEEMED to start to get ugly with my "not being able to understand what you all truly mean since it is words on a screen and I start to get a bit annoyed thingy".

Since you put it that way thanx for doing that very much.

I like the fanfics here much better [like nature trail]

when it comes to al fics I mean...I mine as well say i love fanfics when it comes to Teen titans [cartoon,not the comic],zelda,invader zim,ect.

Al ones werent really that good.

Back to discussion....

-NNY

who doesn`t know what to go by anymore....hmm

NNY

or johNNY????

or johnny-not the homicidal maniac.....
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Since I really don't read the fanfics (not even the ones here, sorry) can someone tell me, are the ones you are talking about generally written by fans? Or just people who think it would be funny/crazy/weird to write a story featuring Al?

And do you find the fan written ones truer to your notion of what Al is like? And the non-fan written more OOC?

Are OOC written specifically to beOOC? Al as a serial killer (or is that cereal killer?) Or is it because the people don't have a clue what Al is like?

And before you tell me to read some of the fanfic stuff, I'll tell you now I probably won't. I've run into too many icky fanfics about fictional characters, and I really don't want to see stuff made up about a real person, even in fun.

It might just send Mama Bear over the edge, and that wouldn't be pretty.
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

I've read quite a few fanfics (Ghostbusters mostly), and have even tried my hand at writing one. OOCs can start fights, as we've seen already. Ghostheads can be very specific on what the Boys In Grey are like (source material being the movies and cartoon series), and get hacked off at the slightest deviation, unless the author specifically says it's an OOC story (an alternate universe, for example, where Egon is actually WITH Janine, or Peter actually knows what he's doing). I won't even go into the naughty ones. :nervous: I guess it's all in how close you want the stories to match with the subject. As far as Al stories, the rules are different since he's not a fictional character, but a real live person. I myself think an OOC story can be really funny, as long as he's not doing anything nasty, naughty or illegal. It's really hard to know where to draw the line sometimes.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I think it ought to be made very clear that it is fiction, especially when you are dealing with a real person.

I remember coming across an interview with Al once, and as I was reading it saying to myself "This isn't Al. No way is this Al..." But there was nothing on the page to indicate that it wasn't a real interview. So I chased the URL backwards and found out that indeed it was a fictional interview.

On one hand, I was extremely proud of myself for recongnizing the conterfeit right away.

On the other hand I was annoyed that someone could have thought that Al had said the things in the "interview," and behaved the way that was portrayed. Mind you, it was all pretty innocent, but the "interview" did have him flirting pretty heavily with the interviewer. I've read enough interviews to know that Al is always the paragon of professionalism. In his single days, even if he had found an interviewer interesting, he wouldn't have hit on her during the interview, even leaving with her (in her dreams!) Even if she was flirting with him. (I remember an online chat that Al did several years ago, there is an audio clip of it somewhere. The chick is flirting with him like there was no tomorrow and he was just very polite. It was during TWS, so he perhaps was already smitten with the lovely future Mrs. Yankovic.)
al fan300
Regular

Post by al fan300 »

QUOTE Since I really don't read the fanfics (not even the ones here, sorry) can someone tell me, are the ones you are talking about generally written by fans?  Or just people who think it would be funny/crazy/weird to write a story featuring Al?  

And do you find the fan written ones truer to your notion of what Al is like?  And the non-fan written more OOC?  

Are OOC written specifically to beOOC?  Al as a serial killer (or is that cereal killer?)  Or is it because the people don't have a clue what Al is like?

And before you tell me to read some of the fanfic stuff, I'll tell you now I probably won't.  I've run into too many icky fanfics about fictional characters, and I really don't want to see stuff made up about a real person, even in fun.

It might just send Mama Bear over the edge, and that wouldn't be pretty.

1.About if there fans or not.Maybe.Not fans like us who probably truly know al`s pesonality whn it comes to how far the fans can go[wihout invadeng his peronal life or reading his mind]

maybe they hate him ,who knows

.2.OOC is when a writer doesn`t do the charactors the righht way.I once did a sory I thought seemed good on invader zim and people thought I rushed the story which i did] and made the Almight Tallests [zim charactors] OOC [if your a zim fan you would know it is OOC]

I didn`t truly understand the charactors the way i do now so i didn`t intend it to be OOC.

so for your answer.OOC is not meant to be on purpose all the way

3.I will understand you won`t read l fanfics but try doing some more fictional charactor stuff [even though you allready did]you may just got bad odds and wound up with HORRIBLE authors.I see it sometimes too.But fanfiction.net has better writers from what I read.as for nasty stuff stick to pg13.I personally think it is ok to strectch personalities in certain ways...This is not al related scotti but I still want to say this since this is a OOC topic.

as I said it is sometimes ok to strectch personalities.I read a LOT of romance fanfics [not R rated but mainly just nice little clean ones]

One of my fav couples does involve a goth like girl paird with someone who is abit opposite personalities....And she starts acting a little less goth around him.That`s one example on how different personalities can be a bit ok.Not fully OOC though like my explanation.

I am really starting to like this topic as i am a fanfiction.net junkie [wrote a UHF parody to tribute the site infact,^_^]

and enjoy letting my thoughts and feelings out s most friends would think it is weird.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

This topic is sad and very lacking in links.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia