10/17/07 - Rio Rancho, NM Santa Ana Star Center

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Aww, it sounds like Al didn't want to leave. That's so cool that he did all those songs. Man, I wish I could have been there. Thanks for the update, Braider!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
TheResidentEvil

Post by TheResidentEvil »

I have never been to a Weird Al concert nor considered going to one but my daughter (who is 9) likes him and has been wanting to go to a concert so I took her. I do like some of Weird Al's stuff so I know many of his songs I just never thought I would see him live.

Weird Al really does put on a great show. I haven't been to a concert that had so many props involved during the show. I would probably go again if he did come because it was that good of a show. The above two posters have got the encore right except the Rio Rancho song came before Sweet Home Albuquerque and the latter was cut short and halfway through it, the real Albuquerque song started. Also, Al said he forgot the words 11 minutes in so he started the song over! After about 1 minute of that though, he went back to the end because he said he remembered them.

One important thing that happened last night that no one posted about:

DANCING STORMTROOPERS!!
kaffy©
Obsessed
Location: In Between Corn and a Major City, others call it NW Indiana

Post by kaffy© »

woooooooooooow!! now that is something I would have paid big bucks to go see.. what an encore!! :lol:

:)

Thanks for the reviews everyone, sounds like you all had a blast!! Awesome!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Al-Team #2771
RockerChickLovesAl
Addicted

Post by RockerChickLovesAl »

Wow, that sounds like it was an awesome show!! I was wondering if he was gonna do something super special like that. :)
Concerts I've attended:

6/9/07
7/17/10
9/23/11
8/18/15
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Wow, this Albuquerque concert is definitely one for the Al Annals of Fame!

(Al, if you want to do "Smoke On The Water" at the Greek next Saturday, we won't mind)
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
kaffy©
Obsessed
Location: In Between Corn and a Major City, others call it NW Indiana

Post by kaffy© »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Oct 18 2007, 11:10 AM wrote: Wow, this Albuquerque concert is definitely one for the Al Annals of Fame!

(Al, if you want to do "Smoke On The Water" at the Greek next Saturday, we won't mind)
:lol:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Al-Team #2771
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Wow, now THAT's an encore! Sounds like that concert was a lot of fun, and the crowd was really into it.
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Now this is a concert bootleg I wouldnt mind hearing! :F But seriously, it sounds like an awesome show. Maybe I will have to consider saving up for a flight to Albuquerque next tour.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Pak-Man

Post by Pak-Man »

Yeah I forgot about the dancing stormtroopers. I believe they were all part of New Mexico's 57th(? I forget the number) Infantry. A group that specializes in making and wearing Stormtrooper armor and shows up to major SW-related events. They were actually having dinner at the local IHoP afterward and talking about the show, but I didn't have the guts to approach them. :^)
CPFofAl
Die-hard Fan

Post by CPFofAl »

Man... I wish I coulda made it!!!! ;(
Go hang a salami, I'm a lasgna hog!

Al Team # 27°