Favorite song from Even Worse

Moderator: Moderators

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

QUOTE my fave song would have to be melenie  i love that song!!! it reminds me of the concert!! sigh, still wish i was there!!!  

So do I. I still wish I was there....

Those days went by so quickly.

I just love appreciating more songs because I've seen 'em in concert.

-CindyBob

:stupid:
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Hopefully one day "Good Old Days" will find its way into a regular tour setlist. It ties with "Melanie" as my favorite song on that album. Although, "I Think I'm A Clone Now" is perhaps my favorite parody from it...just something about the little accordion that was snuck in.

Actually, I really like most of the songs on it, although I almost always skip "...Vanna White" and "Twister."
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You know, I want to like Good Old Days. It is a lovely song, but it is just so dark. Even for Al.

I guess I watch too many Forensic Crime shows on TV, but that line "I can still hear her scream" just sends shivers down my spine. I don't wanna think about AL that way.

And it's a shame too, because musically, this song is beautiful. Al doing a James Taylor sound is good stuff.

<Scottidog wishes that MTV would give Al his episode of "Unplugged" that he has been wanting to do. Maybe in the whirlwind of activity that will surely follow P@TLC? Which BTW is what I am calling the new AL-bum at least until Al tells us what he decides to call it.>
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I love Good Old Days. I just find it so wonderful. :)

My dad loves Al...When he was in the hospital, I let him borrow my Al cassettes (he doesn't know how to work a cd player...) but Good Old Days is the only song off of Even Worse he doesn't like. :(

-CindyBob

:stupid:
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

My favorite on this one is Melanie. It was also my favorite concert moment last summer at the OC Fair. It was lovely -- Al sitting on the edge of the stage, gazing into my eyes (I was in the front row for this one), and singing the 2nd verse of it. If I knew how to post the photo here, I would.

Part of it was a seductive seranade everynight. Thursday the 25th was mine :)

El
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

MMmmmmmMelanie....yes...Melanie now ties up there with I Think I'm a Clone Now (it's a parody of me and my bf's song...which I didn't know existed when we picked that as our song. LOL). Of course, all the other songs on the album tie for second. LOL

http://www.geocities.com/smegabyte2001/melanie.html

I tried to put the image up here instead of putting a link to my site, but I'm too STUPID to figure it out. :stupid:

This is my Melanie moment, the second concert on Friday. Al looked around the front row, kneeled in front of me and sang. Bliss!

Fred took this picture. *hugs Fred* Thankfully, because I was too paralyzed with shock to pick up the camera. :tellme:

Smegabyte *the current reigning Melanie...LOL*
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE You know, I want to like Good Old Days.  It is a lovely song, but it is just so dark.  Even for Al.

I guess I watch too many Forensic Crime shows on TV, but that line \"I can still hear her scream\"  just sends shivers down my spine.  I don't wanna think about AL that way.

And it's a shame too, because musically, this song is beautiful. Al doing a James Taylor sound is good stuff

I can see your point-- actually all of them. I just remind myself that Al isn't a crazed autobiographer-- he set out to do "Charles Manson meets James Taylor" and man, did he succeed! The way the melody falls on the words "good old days" is perfect JT. But it is creepy, even if the song-narrator did leave sweet Michelle tied to that chair alive . Does Al read books on psychopathology in his spare time? You gotta wonder sometimes. :dontgetit:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE Does Al read books on psychopathology in his spare time? You gotta wonder sometimes.

You don't get to be a great parody-er (parodist?) without also being great at observing the culture around you.

QUOTE I tried to put the image up here instead of putting a link to my site, but I'm too STUPID to figure it out.

Smegabyte, dear... You aren't stupid. Geocities doesn't allow direct linking. But it's a free site, so what are you complaining about?

You know, it's odd to me, that I have problems with Good Old Days, but Trigger Happy doesn't bother me at all. Go figure...
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

You don't get to be a great parody-er (parodist?) without also being great at observing the culture around you.

I think it's "parodist."

QUOTE You know, it's odd to me, that I have problems with Good Old Days, but Trigger Happy doesn't bother me at all.  Go figure...

Maybe one reason that Good Old Days is so unsettling is the implication that little Mr. Pulling-Wings-Off-Flies got off scot-free (nothing personal, Scotti!).

What do you want to bet that everybody has a few songs that rub them the wrong way for reasons that cannot be explained? That's okay though; Al offers so many different kinds of funny to choose from! BTW, I'm sloooowly coming around to kind of sort of appreciating "I was Only Kidding." Give me a little more time on that one.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE What do you want to bet that everybody has a few songs that rub them the wrong way for reasons that cannot be explained? That's okay though; Al offers so many different kinds of funny to choose from! BTW, I'm sloooowly coming around to kind of sort of appreciating \"I was Only Kidding.\" Give me a little more time on that one.

I can see why you don't like that one. After all, you still haven't come around to I'm So sick Of You. (Or have you?)

An Al song I haven't heard yet is Good Enough For Now. I haven't had the opportunity to hear this one, but the lyrics crack me up...

QUOTE Oh, I couldn't live a single day without you

Actually, on second thought, well, I suppose I could

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, honey, you're the greatest

Well, at any rate, I guess you're...pretty good

Oh, he is a silver tongued devil! LOL!

And I can't believe that Gotta Boogie always makes me laugh. You'd think I was WAY too old for booger jokes to be funny. I think what it is, is that the first time I heard the song I just didn't see it coming. AL-though... looking back now, I should have :rolleyes: