Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Mime is all right. Not great. Not bad.
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

A co-worker and I were chatting last week about the local Independence
Day celebration. I mentioned that our local clown was one of the few I could tolerate. He said, "Yeah, I don't really care for clowns, but what I really hate is mimes."
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison
Apocaloso
Die-hard Fan

Post by Apocaloso »

I really love this song... the lyrics r good...but it's the music that i really love!!!
Fry J. Apocaloso
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/apocaloso27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Videoclip of SHE NEVER TOLD ME SHE WAS A MIME (2009): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnElaNqX9Rg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UnderSupervision
Occasional

Post by UnderSupervision »

algonacchick @ Jul 10 2007, 12:56 AM wrote: I like it. It's not my very favorite, but I like the funky beat.
Yeah I pretty much second that.
"We call him Cone because he tastes good when you lick him"

-Steve Jocz
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

My opinion of least favorite Al songs usually varies, but this one's always near or at the top (Well technically bottom) of the list.

I'm just not a fan of this song at all.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I actually think this is a pretty good song. My only complaint is the lack of mime-related puns.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

One of Al's best song titles no doubt. A great one liner!

The song itself gets about a 50% chance of being skipped if it comes up on my playlist. Not one of my favs.
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
airwalkrr

Re: She Never Told Me She Was A Mime

Post by airwalkrr »

I have recently discovered a new love for this song after realizing how closely it parallels Aerosmith's "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)" in both content and style. It has Joe Perry-like riffs and Al even seems to add a touch of vocal emphasis mirroring Steve Tyler's very distinctive singing voice. It even has a similar brass line. Although this is always billed as a Weird Al original, I have to say that it seems like too much of a coincidence for this to be a pure original. I would have to say it is a style parody of Aerosmith and in particular, a style parody of "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)." This just makes me love the song even more because of how well Weird Al and his band were able to sound like Aerosmith while still creating a delightfully silly song. And what makes it even better is that the song it appears to be clearly based upon was pretty silly in the first place. This is one of Al's true genius moments in my humble opinion. Listen to this song back-to-back with "Dude "Looks Like a Lady" and you might just discover yourself having a new appreciation for Weird Al's talent for parody in all it's various forms. To me, his style parodies are often his very best because they are part original, part inspired, and all Weird Al.