Twister

Moderator: Moderators

ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

It would've made a rockin' commercial. I wonder if MB ever asked Al if they could use it?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I've seen videos on the internet where people have taken the original commercial and put Al's song over it.
And Peggy
HilaryJean21

Post by HilaryJean21 »

Bruce the Duck @ Apr 6 2007, 12:31 AM wrote: Well, it depends how you define covers.

I would consider "Bohemian Polka" a cover because it is essentially the same lyrics set to the same music, only the music is done in a different style. It's just like "Twister" in that regard.

You forgot Brady Bunch, that is a sorta-cover since he sings basically the entire theme song...it's just not alone in the song like Twister and George of the Jungle. Would that be considered?
I'd flush myself right down the toilet, but I'd just clog up the drain...
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Twister was good. But I'm a huge Beastie fan so it was a good little 'homage' thing going on.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Bruce the Duck @ Apr 6 2007, 12:31 AM wrote:

"George of the Jungle" stands as the only completely straight cover. In fact, the only difference AT ALL between the original and Al's version is that it's a different singer and band doing it. The instrumentation and everything is exactly the same.

I used to wonder why that song was on a Weird Al album. I used to think that the vocals were the same as on the theme song. One of my friends actually thought that Al wrote the song. I think I already knew at the time that George of the Jungle was from the 1960s, and my friend told me that Al wrote the song when he was a kid.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Bruce the Duck @ Apr 6 2007, 12:31 AM wrote:

"Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies" MIGHT be considered a cover rather than a parody, since the lyrics were directly just the lyrics to the "Beverly Hillbillies" TV show. That one's kind of in a category by itself since it's not really a cover (the music is completely different) and it's not really a parody.

I never noticed before that Al basically just sang the Beverly Hillbillies theme song, with Money for Nothing music. I thought that he somehow altered the Money for Nothing lyrics, and sang parts of The Beverly Hillbillies theme song.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I think this is one of the best songs on EW and one of his best songs overall.

But... then I see a whole bunch of people saying that it's terrible, or not worth listening to.

I don't get it. I don't see any problem with it at all.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Quab
Die-hard Fan

Post by Quab »

It's not a favorite of mine, but I like the Beastie Boys, and it's a great tribute to them.
Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to evil sometimes...
Eyeeeeee Satan!
Muldernscully
Addicted

Re: Twister

Post by Muldernscully »

Wow. So Twister is a slightly altered commercial jingle? You learn something new...

Also, since I am rating Al's songs, I give this one 3 out of 5 stars. Nice style parody of the Beastie Boys. I don't dislike it, so it's in the middle.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Twister

Post by Yankomaniac »

How do you have the ranking time with 6 kids and going to church and work and all that hefty day to day junk?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!