Ruben's Myspace Got Hacked

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Does "that no one wants" apply to all of those things, or just the ringtones?
taste is only something if it is yours.
Dragital
Occasional

Post by Dragital »

Well @ Well, Well,May 28 2007, 07:31 AM wrote: Does "that no one wants" apply to all of those things, or just the ringtones?
Unfortunately, it usually doesn't apply to the first two.

This also happened to Al before right? :(

Some thailand guy is trying to phish my e-mail password in completely pathetic attempts too, considering the fact that I don't understand thai.

I hate phishers. Die phishers.
Put the Lime in the Coke you Nut.
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

you know, there's this button you can click when you get those phishing messages... it says "spam" and there's one next to it that says "abuse". Just open the message and click on either of those, and myspace will (eventually) delete that user.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
Dragital
Occasional

Post by Dragital »

childofthespiral @ Jun 11 2007, 05:33 PM wrote: you know, there's this button you can click when you get those phishing messages... it says "spam" and there's one next to it that says "abuse". Just open the message and click on either of those, and myspace will (eventually) delete that user.
Eventually as in 1 or 2 years later.

Trust me.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Hey, it isn't that bad. Generally when I stop by my page and check out the people who have asked to be added as friends, by the time I get there, the profiles have been deleted because they were sleazy no good spammers.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Dragital
Occasional

Post by Dragital »

But people who steal things from others websites or deviantart account usually get banned 1 or 2 years later, so I assumed that it would take the same for phishing.
:rolleyes:
this_is_the_life
Regular

Post by this_is_the_life »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Jun 13 2007, 05:42 AM wrote: Hey, it isn't that bad. Generally when I stop by my page and check out the people who have asked to be added as friends, by the time I get there, the profiles have been deleted because they were sleazy no good spammers.
Same here ... gets pretty annoying <_<

I haven't been phished yet and I've had mine for almost a year ... well, at least I haven't been that I know of, LOL. Glad Ruben got his fixed up.
"Whatever! I just don't want any liver!"
Jess
Al Team # 9827
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

I haven't been phished yet, but that doesn't mean they haven't tried. I check out peoples profiles before I add them, and if they're spammers I report them and don't add them. But then, if I don't have a pretty good idea who a person is, I don't normally add them anyway.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep