Ode To A Superhero

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

When I heard that this song appeared in the medley for the Aussie shows, it surprised me a little bit. Not in the sense that it's a bad song, but in the sense that it's a little dated. Spiderman came out in 2002. That was five years ago. Then today a thought occurred to me. Does anyone else think it's possible that it will feature lyrics about the new Spiderman movie for the American leg of the tour? Maybe not, but you never know....
And Peggy
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

That's a good possibility. The song seemed kinda dated to me too due to the movie, but since the third one is coming out in May, we might see some new lyrics. He'll have to do what he did for TSB because the movie won't come out until a little after the tour starts and lyrics are always written ahead of time.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Barney Slayer @ Apr 10 2007, 12:13 AM wrote: When I heard that this song appeared in the medley for the Aussie shows, it surprised me a little bit. Not in the sense that it's a bad song, but in the sense that it's a little dated. Spiderman came out in 2002. That was five years ago. Then today a thought occurred to me. Does anyone else think it's possible that it will feature lyrics about the new Spiderman movie for the American leg of the tour? Maybe not, but you never know....
Yes, especially considering that I speculated on that months ago in the tour speculation threads. I predicted it would be in the medley either updated or left the same because of the new movie. A long time ago.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Yeah, BS! Jeez. Get with the times.

Anyway, I think it's quite possible.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Bruce the Duck @ Apr 10 2007, 05:51 AM wrote: Yes, especially considering that I speculated on that months ago in the tour speculation threads. I predicted it would be in the medley either updated or left the same because of the new movie. A long time ago.
Well then, let me be the first to predict that it will again be altered for the 2010 touring medley, with revised Spiderman 4 lyrics.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

It would definitely be interesting if he updated the lyrics, but I don't think it's necessary. Sure, it's a little dated in the sense that the movie came out a while ago, but it's still telling a story from the early days of Spider-Man. I think he could definitely get away with not updating them.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Ecto
Occasional

Post by Ecto »

not to be nitpicky but...Spider-Man ;) (has a hyphen...long story)

ahem, anyway, i agree i think he left it in due to the third movie coming out.
Who else would you call if it weren't for the Ghostbusters?
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

It may be dated, but it's still a great song!
weirdalrocks
Obsessed

Post by weirdalrocks »

i love that song but when i was listening to piano man i was like the beat sounds familiar
next posting goal:2700
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Re: Ode To A Superhero

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Why did he name this song "Ode to a Superhero" and not "Spider-Man?" He had no problem with the names "Jurassic Park," "Yoda," and "Gump."
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn