Nice threads

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Nice threads

Post by scottidog »

I was looking at some pics of the WAY Experience exhibit that was at OC. Now, presumably Al didn't break into the displays to get to the costumes when he needed them... So there must be more than one set of each?

Yet, on Ask Al, he said there are no duplicates of the more expensive costumes (silver suit, fred flintstone, etc...)

So. I assume that the video version is not the one used on the concert tours? Anyone know the details on how many constumes there are?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

When I saw the Weird Al Experience, some of the costumes were indeed missing from the display, with a card reading "In Use".
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I can't shake the mental picture of Al running madly off stage to the WAY Experience tent in his boxers with the hearts on 'em.

http://weirdal.com/tordal.htm

I need help, y'all... Perhaps electroshock therapy?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I can't shake the mental picture of Al running madly off stage to the WAY Experience tent in his boxers with the hearts on 'em.

I need help, y'all... Perhaps electroshock therapy?

Oh, my. This is serious. This is very serious indeed. Please don't make Mr. Yankovic run through the fairgrounds in his underwear any more; it's very bad for his voice.

I recommend visualization therapy. Sit or recline in a comfortable position, relax, close your eyes and picture the following scene: you are stuck in a closet with Weird Al...

http://www.weirdal.com/103100c.htm

Now stay with that image until you can keep your attention on his intellectual, spiritual and humorific qualities again.

Hmmm... is "humorific" a word? If not, it should be.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I'm not sure even Fat Al would be helpful at this point...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Tour clothes are different from the video clothes. For one thing the stuff on video has to look real good, because it is all close ups and what-not. One of the downsides of the clothes looking good is they are of a heavier material that doesnt function well under stage lights and Al performing.

Mike
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

Not to mention that in concert, Al has to get in and out of those clothes really fast.

Hours of makeup for Fat (for the video) vs. mere minutes of someone frantically stripping Al down and re-dressing him...

Now there's a thought. ;)

Smegabyte * :stupid: *
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

There's probably a long line of applicants for that job. But, I'm willing to stand in line...

(Smegabyte, you're not helping...)