The Next Single For Sol

Moderator: Moderators

SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

It's not as though it's getting any kind of significant play on the radio or anything.

Actually, W&N has gotten significant radio airplay, especially when it first came out. It helped to contribute to W&N's debut on the Billboard Hot 100 at #9.

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Indeed it has. My neighbor told me the other day, "I cannot turn the radio on without hearing that man," as if it was my fault or something.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

weirdojace @ Nov 9 2006, 10:08 PM wrote: White and Nerdy is a single. It was released to radio stations. You probably could find some copies of it on eBay...
White & Nerdy.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

I have to agree with Well, Well, Well that Al's physical presence in a video is much more effective than even the best animation. So much of Al's appeal is personality driven, and, even though I'm developing a new appreciation for the art form, many people still see it as "a cartoon".

If W&N had been animated, I can almost guarantee it wouldn't see the success it has seen. None of the classic videos that I can think of (with the notible exception of Ah-Hah's Take On Me) have been animated. People want to be able to see their rock stars in the flesh, not as a 2-dimensional doppelganger.
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

SmileyGirl87 @ Nov 10 2006, 08:34 PM wrote:
Actually, W&N has gotten significant radio airplay, especially when it first came out. It helped to contribute to W&N's debut on the Billboard Hot 100 at #9.

~*Cat*~
Maybe it's just a regional thing then. Every station here is owned by either Infinity or Clear Channel, and they wouldn't touch Al with a 20 foot pole <_<
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

spmahn @ Nov 12 2006, 12:12 AM wrote: Maybe it's just a regional thing then. Every station here is owned by either Infinity or Clear Channel, and they wouldn't touch Al with a 20 foot pole  <_<
Ditto. I live in NYC, and lemme tell you, the radio is more commercial then Minute Maid Park! But, I don't know, I have a friend with the ability to completely recite the whole song, and yet I have never heard it on the radio. Although I don't listen to Z100 (the top 40 station) I have a friend who does, but tells me he never hears it. Either that or I'm just really disconected from society.
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

Squirrelygirl Posted on Nov 10 2006, 08:17 PM
  I have to agree with Well, Well, Well that Al's physical presence in a video is much more effective than even the best animation. So much of Al's appeal is personality driven, and, even though I'm developing a new appreciation for the art form, many people still see it as "a cartoon".

If W&N had been animated, I can almost guarantee it wouldn't see the success it has seen.

I agree 100.27% :)

Someone told me a little about JIBJAB :) (I'm not familiar with their work, so I can't visualize at all what it'll look like) I am curious to see what they've done with DICYO. Sounds like it should be really good! November 17? JibJab dot com? Maybe I should go to their website and see if there's a mention, eh?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Under the "Flash" section, there's a bunch of different texts of some of their privious work. (i.e. This Land, Second Term, 2-0-5, Big Box Mart) Anyways, along with their other flash links , there's one labbled "Weird Al". But it doesn't take you anywhere when you click on it.
And Peggy
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

Thanks for the info, Barney Slayer! :)