Trash Day

Moderator: Moderators

Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

I'm pretty sure you're probably right, Ryan ... but at the same time, you knew what part of the song I was talking about ... the posts I write right before midnight should be taken with a grain of salt. :lol:

And OE, I totally agree ... I think that is why I really like that part of the song.
PMFL!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

:lol: Alright. Don't mean to come down on you or anything. Just correcting :Y
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Oh, I appreciate it, Ryan ... I saw that post the next day, thought it looked funky, thought about correcting it, ended up deciding that everyone had seen it, so I just left it. I didn't think you were "coming down on me" or anything. :Y
PMFL!
praise_harvey
Occasional
Location: In a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down the street fr

Post by praise_harvey »

Leave it me to try and revive a thread has been dead for over a year! Anyways, I just want to say that this is one my favorite Al parodies. Not to bash on Nelly or anything, but my friend and I grew so sick of the original song, due to extreme overplay, so it was that much funnier to hear Al's version. Plus the lyrics had me ROTFLOL! :P
Harvey! Harvey! Harvey the wonder hamster! He doesn't bite and he doesn't squeal! He just runs around on his hamster wheel!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

The lyrics are really good, but I think Al stumbles with Nelly's rapping style here, although other rap parodies he's done prove he can certainly rap well.

Anyway, as the trash was pilling up yesterday around my trash can, I couldn't help but think of "Trash Day" and laugh. Plus, there was a foul smell--I think from an orange that went rotten in my frig. It must've been in the trash for 2 days, although I was under the impression oranges didn't smell bad. ...Maybe it was something else.
taste is only something if it is yours.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

I think the mark of a truly good/catchy parody is that you CANNOT listen to the original without either thinking of or singing Al's lyrics, and I do both.

It was certain a welcome release after "Hot in Herrrrrrre" was played to DEATH...

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I think Al did a swell job with Trash Day. Apparently, so did Nelly. I like the song, and I find myself singing Al's lyrics every time when I hear "Hot in Herre". *Gosh, that happened just last night at the bowling alley.*
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
praise_harvey
Occasional
Location: In a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down the street fr

Post by praise_harvey »

I used to have TD on my mp3 player so whenever I would go for a run, and it came on, I would get so screwed up, and start laughing, throwing off my pace. :lol:
Harvey! Harvey! Harvey the wonder hamster! He doesn't bite and he doesn't squeal! He just runs around on his hamster wheel!
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

algonacchick @ Oct 19 2006, 11:59 AM wrote: I think Al did a swell job with Trash Day. Apparently, so did Nelly. I like the song, and I find myself singing Al's lyrics every time when I hear "Hot in Herre". *Gosh, that happened just last night at the bowling alley.*
What did your bowling team think Patti?! :lol:

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

Al did a brilliant job on "Trash Day" too. The music and lyrics fits perfectly, and I Love it a lot! :D