Airline Amy

Moderator: Moderators

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

What is the Satanic sound in Airline Amy that I keep hearing so much about? :huh:
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thepowerofpolka
Addicted

Post by thepowerofpolka »

Satanic sound....hmmmm.... :? . I don't recall hearing anything like that. I might have to listen to that song again...
"Why would I wanna eat liver? I don't even like liver."
Deliriously Dedicated

Weirdo Jace was saying something about it. Jace, if you're out there, what's this about?
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
Deliriously Dedicated

Wow, I just listened to Airline Amy for the first time in a looooong time today and the very beginning of the song reminded me of Snakes on a Plane (Bring It) by Cobra Starship. I wouldn't usually note this kind of thing, but both are about planes, kind of a weird coincidence.
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

The bassline at the start of AA reminds me of the beginning bassline for "Breakerfall", by Pearl Jam.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
pud93

Post by pud93 »

A few months ago i was on my first flight ever and was nervous....put together a compilation of airplane related songs and "Airline Amy" was playing during takeoff...didn't even know we left the ground till after the song
WhiteAndNerdy27
Occasional

Post by WhiteAndNerdy27 »

The other day I met a friend of a friend, who is a stewardess named Amy.
I pitty the fool, who eats poopy pizza for breakfast!
mickeynotmouse
Regular

Post by mickeynotmouse »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Dec 21 2004, 02:43 AM wrote: [OE puts on her TypoCop hat] :cop:

Excuse me, Mr. Sumo? Were you aware that "cajones" means "big boxes" or possibly "coffins" in Spanish? You want to swap out that "a" and put in an "o"-- that way you get a word that refers to a couple of items that, while undoubtedly handy when attempting to strike up a conversation with a young lady, are essential for the honeymoon. :S

That's all, just a warning this time. No ticket. :lol:
Excuse me?
Cajones means nothing more than drawers in spanish. Nothing to do with coffins or "Big boxes".

Btw, I love your sig.
Hey, where are your nipples? THE NIPPLES ARE GONE!
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Airline Amy is one of Al's best original songs from Off the Deep End, one of his best love songs (along with One More Minute, Melanie, Close But No Cigar, and I Was Only Kidding). And it's fun to listen to. I uusually feel very good while listening to this song. I also feel attracted to women named Amy (could it be because of this song, or just a coincidence? Course, there are several names that are normally given to beatiful women).
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

This is a great original of Al's. When I first heard this song, I thought of Al's character and Amy and a couple. Now I think of it more as Al has just fallen in love with a stewardess and he follows her around, and she isn't even aware that he exists.
And Peggy