Weird Arts And Crafts

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Any reason why you couldn't use regular maragarine? Also, what do you use instead of eggs? When you do make a vegan cookie, post a pic. Just remember, I'm the originator of the Al cookie.

;)
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

I prefer Pure, partially because some margarines have skimmed milk in. I will try to make a vegan Al cookie soon. Any requests on the attire?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hmm, whatever you'd like. I usually put him in a Hawaiian shirt, but you could do the nerdy character from the White and Nerdy video. That'd be cute.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

algonacchick @ Oct 6 2006, 11:40 PM wrote: Also, what do you use instead of eggs?
I use a substitute made from soya protiens, that is used by people who are allergic to eggs.

How do you shape the cookie?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I use a cookie cutter. Mine is Wilton's boy cookie cutter. I used their girl cookie cutter to make Suzanne. I have many, many cookie cutters. I used a cardinal shaped one to make a Bo cookie, and a dog one for Bela. Your best bet is sugar cookie dough that has been refrigerated. Good luck!

So awesome!

Al Team #325
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

I mentioned a while ago in the "Project Help" topic that I was making beaded jewellery to wear to the upcoming Perth concert. Well, I've pretty much completed them - I just have to tidy the ends on the bracelet and attach a button to it - so, without further ado, here they are (laid out on a piece of white paper, not modelled since I have trouble taking photos of myself :P):

The top ("AL") one is the choker, the "AL GAL" one is the bracelet. The pic isn't the best because of flash-glare on the beads, but you get the idea.

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

Awesome job!
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Those are soo cool! I'd proudly wear one anywhere. Not just a concert! GReat work. I could never do it. :Y

Jenni
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

Aww, thanks! :S Yeah, I plan on wearing them elsewhere, like maybe to uni... :)

For anyone who's interested, I made these using a wooden loom and weaving across thirteen warp-threads with clear nylon thread and glass seed-beads. It was time consuming, but I like the results. :D

I'm a little nervous about wearing these into the presence of the Great Weird One, though... assuming Al even does a meet & greet here, I don't know whether to keep wearing them after the concert or take them off before I see him...

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

I made neckalces durring the last tour. with shrinky dink paper and wore them to a couple of concerts. I think he was more interested in the Quisp doll I gave him at one show though. Hehe. I posted pics of the necklace quite a ways back in this topic.

Jenni
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee