White & Nerdy Video Discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

iisryan27 @ Aug 26 2006, 05:20 PM wrote: "Weird Al" Yankovic?
:lol: That's true!
Are we playin' horseshoes, honey? No, I don't think we are...

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

Ok I arrived at Downey Studios at 6:35 and was directed by the guard all the way to the back of the lot to stage 1.

http://www.downeystudios.com/downey/pro ... lding1.asp
in this picture the sets were to the left an took up a small small fraction of the entire space.

I walked into the hangar and there was emptiness. . .and a small setup toward the middle left of the building.

At first I thought I must be in the wrong place... there were crew working and all the sets looked rather 'normal' like a dining room and bedroom and a sitting chair, plus i don't see Al. So I begin to wander looking around... then I hear it: Al's voice. I swing around. No Al! Wait there he is! in desguise! He was very bust lining up a shot and talking with crew so I just stargazed for a bit. Then I decided I should make my presence known so asked a crew member walking by for Susan the production assistant who had been corresponding with me. She was not there but I was directed to the wardrobe area on the far end of the setup. Apparently the street clothes I was wearing were nerdy enogh for them so I didn't have to change anything but my shoes. They also provided a pocket protector.

Here I met Max and Diego my two white and nerdy counterparts listed under the ping pong/trivial pursuit scene. We began chit chat while we watched in awe as Al worked his comedy genious. He was doing a scene on a computer with a recognizable website on the screen. This is also when I got to hear the first sip of White and Nerdy!

Here are all the lyrics I could remember:
SPOILER Sorry Al asked that I not reveal lyrics to you hooligans!

So when Al finished up the computer scenes from the first angle he came over and said "Hi Mike!" and shook my hand and Max introduced himself as Diego ran back from the restroom. He thanked us all for coming and I said Thanks for having us. Al explained that he was behind schedule so therefore really busy and our scene would be coming up soon. During this conversation a camera crew appeared around us. They informed us that is was for a making of or behind the scene video and may appear on the dual disc! (but this seesm unlikely considering the CD is supposedly in production now.) We then signed our second contract for the day this one selling our voice to Jive. This crew also conducted a short interview with Max, Diego and I in front of the set that we were to occupy soon.

After another computer scene, Al came back over and made sure we were doing ok, asked us if HE could get US anything... Max jokingly said "a massage." Then he hurried off to greet Judy Tenuta who had walked passed us minutes before!

Now al was filming another short scene in the dining room set. Then they rese the scene in the same set to the trival pursuit game and Max, Diego and I went to get our hair done and our noses powdered. Then we were being placed on the set, directed by Al! I was to his left and Max and diego to his right and we all surrounded a Trivial Pursuit board. The scene went as follows: Al begins by lip synching hilarious lyrics and at a certian point throws the trivail pursuit board right at ME! Of course he made sure this was ok with me before he did it. Out of 3 takes I was only hit once! Considering the cramped space and the amount of pieces this is amazing. During this scene there is also a point in which a trivial pursuit card is displayed on camera. This card was writen by Al so make sure you freeze-frame to read all the questions! (I only saw that one was about FDR. And Al apparently had changed one of the questions from being about a gorilla head to a gerbil head but the props guy had not fixed it. We went with gorilla in the interest of time.

After that we all watched Al perform the funniest scene I have ever seen! Everybody, cast and crew, was laughing their asses off. Sorry guys I won't spoil this scene for you but I will say this: bubblewrap.

After this scene Max and I went and grabbed a scrap of the bubblewrap that had just been 'used' in the scene.

Next scene was with Judy and I have pictures of this! (interestingly AL did not ask us not to reveal pictures. But since he told others not to I will give him the benefit of the doubt.) Sorry guys.

After Al's scene with Judy, us extras swooped in for pictures and autographs. We all had our bubblewrap signed by Al. Signed Bubblewrap? Trust me, if you aren't now, you all are gonna be jealous when you see the video. And we all had our pic taken with him! Then Max and I got our bubble wrap signed by Judy as well and another pic. And this one I will post in all it's glory.

From Left: Me, Judy Tenuta, Max

Our Lives now complete, and Max and I took off for home at around 10:15PM Diego apparently hung around for awhile longer. I would hav but Al was busy and I did not want to be in the way.

As we were leaving the building we heard the trademark: "Good Bye! G'd-Bye! G'Bye G'Bye"

What a day.
<-- I'll ace any triva quiz you bring on
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Wow! Thanks for all of that information, Mike! After hearing all of what you had to say, I really can't wait for the video. It sounds like it's going to be absolutely priceless! Again, it seems like you had a great shoot. It's very cool that you're respecting Al's wishes by not revealing the lyrics. I have a lot of respect for you for holding back. I can't wait to see this bubble wrap scene. It sounds very interesting.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Hope You Enjoy It
Occasional

Post by Hope You Enjoy It »

Awesome Mike!!!! I just can't wait for this song/video. Woooo!!!

HYEI
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

btw I heard rumblings of Rob Snyder amoungst the crew so that could be the cameo for Sunday!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

WOW great story! Thanks for sharing. I have an aunt who looks exactly like Judy does in that photo.
This means something. This is important.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Very cool, Mike! I am extremely jealous of you (in a good way, of course!) I'm also somewhat depressed that I was too old to try out for a part in the video myself, as I live fairly close to Downey Studios, and feel I could probably pass for a believable white and nerdy individual. Sigh.

Your lyrics spoiler was blanked out, so I'm gonna head over to the spoiler forum and check them out! Can't wait to see you, Al, the gorilla head and bubblewrap next month!! Congratulations again!

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

Thanks for sharing your story with us! That sounds absolutely fantastic. A piece of bubblewrap? I can't wait to see the video. You'd think the any behind the scenes stuff will be included with any type of SOL video release rather than on the dual disc unless...somehow the video and behind the scenes both found their way to the dual disc! That would be a huge shock and a welcome surprise but what are the chances?? Well congratulations and this thread has been extremely fun to read. Glad to see everyone respected Al's request to keep things under buublewraps. I do wonder if that recognizable web site was either his homepage, myspace page or even this forum! That would be completely funny and awesome! It would a great nod to us and a great way to poke fun at us which we might just deserve. Could you imagine this spoiler forum on the screen in his video? :whoot: Way to go everyone! This is going to be a hit for Al.
"Everytime I talk about toasters, the subject of bread pops up"-anonymous
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Maybe a stupid question, but where did Mike's spoiler lyrics move to? (Or is this a joke and he's not revealing--or couldn't remember--any lyrics?)
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

mrmeadows @ Aug 26 2006, 11:16 AM wrote: Maybe a stupid question, but where did Mike's spoiler lyrics move to? (Or is this a joke and he's not revealing--or couldn't remember--any lyrics?)
a joke... Al really asked us not to leak the lyrics. I will tell you this I was able to hear very little. and if you are not on the set in fromt of the speaker it is very heard to hear. but the lyrics I did hear were incredibly hilarious... this song will be a hit.

Unfortunately I was only able to hear the veeery begining part of the chorus and even then I could not make out the words.

I was really hoping to hear the chorus.

Oh and another point I think I should make if it is not already clear: this video from what I can tell will NOT parody the video for Ridin'