Polkarama!

Moderator: Moderators

music89
Occasional

Post by music89 »

My dad works for SONY BMG, which is weird als music company. He got a booklet with all the new CDs comming out and when orders from CD retailers have to be in so they can get the CD. In this booklet was a whole page about the new weird al CD. It says that there will be an animated video for all 6 of his original songs, and best of all it gave the name of the polka. This is the quote:

Straight Outta Lynwood also provides music lovers around the globe with the life-altering experience of some of the biggest contemperary hits preformed in, you guessed it, polka-style! This once in a lifetime "Polkarama" medley includes Al's polka versions of...sorry...top secret.

so it didnt tell us the names of any songs except that the polkas name was POLKARAMA and it didnt tel us any of the songs in the polka.

Confirmed from SONY BMG:
Amimated Music Videos for all Original Songs
Polka Title - Polkarama.
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

Did the booklet say anything else about SOL, or can you type the entire thing for us hungry fans? :o
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

AWESOME!! Thanks music89!! Sounds like it's gonna be a medley of songs, rather than one song. :D

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Sure, sure, right. And my father's Walt Disney! Seriously, do you expect us to believe that some anyone can come here with 3 posts and expect to be taken seriously? Plus, Polkarama is so... bland. It sounds like something someone made up on the spot. Sorry if I sound snappy but I'm 99.27% sure it's not true.
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

Sure, sure, right. And my father's Walt Disney!
I feel so sorry for you father.

Polkarama sounds like Al to me. :huh:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

Thanks for posting that, if it really is true!
Begone, foul beast!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

A members post count doesn't have anything to do with if this is a hoax or not.

Let's not go "Boy who cried wolf" every time someone posts a new spoiler because of the fake tracklists
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
sethmartin
Regular

Post by sethmartin »

The way that sentence is worded too, doesn't say that Polkarama is the song's title. One thing I've noticed about these forums is sometimes people get so excited about things that they don't read.

This once in a lifetime "Polkarama" medly includes Al's polka versions of...sorry...top secret.

That sounds more like an advertising ploy than a song title. But who knows.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Wow, that was a little harsh ducttapeearth. music89's been around long enough to know that intentionally posting fake spoilers will get you immediately banned. And he sent me a PM about it first. Unless you have proof, I wouldn't accuse someone of lying.

At some point Al's record label's gonna have to send something out to the music stores, so they can get the CD. Everything sounds legit to me.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

I still say it sounds fishy. Remember when Buff posted a fake tracklist? He only 33 post and just a couple posts on that thread. Polkarama sounds Al, but it sounds more "uh, lets see, uh, its called, wait, uh, Polkarama!".

Like I said, I'm sorry if that sounds rude and I know he has been around since June but it still doesn't add up. Besides, we've been through two other phony tracklists. If I'm wrong, hey I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.