WOWAY Tribute Album

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

Sure!
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

OK, umm... what exactly I should do? I mean, after recording the track, of course. :D

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

You can submit it to Weird Al Tribute
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

A-ha! So, it's like, to come up with a song, record it, and then submit, right? Wow, this couldn't be easier! :P

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

hey thatoneguy, you're in charge of this album, right? do you need any graphic designs or anything like that?
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
Weirdalfreak27
Occasional

Post by Weirdalfreak27 »

Is there still room to get in on this?
Let those who worship evil's might beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
jake waters
Regular

Post by jake waters »

Nobody is really in charge of it. This thread is nothing more than people talking about a possible tribute album and what they want to do for it. In the almost 3 years that this thread has been here, it really hasn't advanced past that. I'd like to see this project actually happen.. I'll even take charge with all the technical and legal stuff if people are still interested.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I may as well reveal my plan now, but if the Star Fund had not raised $15,000 by the May 31st deadline for this year, I was seriously considering contacting the fund people about the possibility of doing the album for the benefit of the Fund. Since the album would be making profit, we would need Jay Levey's blessing.

There are some very tricky legal problems with this, but it could possibly work. The album could easily be sold through the fund's current Cafepress store and the release could be timed to some advantageous point in Al's tour or release schedule.

I think people are very much interested and providing we get this properly organised with definite goals and lists and stuff like that it could get done fairly easily.

Bit of a shameless plug, but if anyone here is interested in such a project, here's the place to go.
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

kristineslipson @ May 3 2006, 10:54 AM wrote: hey thatoneguy, you're in charge of this album, right?
As Jake said, I'm not in charge of it. I'm a musician who makes "Weird Al" tribute songs, and I host Weird Al Tribute Dot Com, but I'm not in charge of this Album.

Yeah, Jake! That sounds cool.

I guess we'll just have to see how this works out, Mewrio. One thing I should point out is that the previous tribute albums were non profit, that's probably how this one should be.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I agree, but if there's a profit to be made, it should be the Star Fund's.