Close But No Cigar

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

iisryan27 @ Nov 3 2005, 03:13 AM wrote: Could this be a video for an original song? The blog mentions that the song is catchy and funny which implies that she's already heard it and we know that Al has only recorded 6 songs up to this point (probably the originals).
You mean as far as we know ;)

As I pointed out in the other topic here in the spoiler forum, John K. did an internet only video for Tenacious D, so this very well could be an original song, or maybe even for I Need a Nap (Though I really don't think if that were the case, Al would actually be there......or why John K would be behind something called I Need a Nap for that matter :lol: )

This may be the biggest Weird Al find since the picture of the Bob shoot :D
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

spacedingo @ Nov 3 2005, 05:42 AM wrote: As I pointed out in the other topic here in the spoiler forum, John K. did an internet only video for Tenacious D, so this very well could be an original song...
That's definitely a possibility, but the only thing that's making me not completely agree with that theory is the cost that would be involved.

Al has said that when he's producing a music video he pretty much has to put up about half of the costs upfront himself. Add this to the fact that full animation can get quite expensive, especially John Kricfalusi's work and whoever he would farm out to do the actual animation, and you'd end up with a lot of money that Al would have to front. I just don't see Al taking this big of a financial risk on an original song, at least not for a lead-off video (assuming it is, of course).

But hey, anything's possible.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friz
Occasional

Post by Friz »

Animated Music Video?

And that blurred picture looks like...

Hmm....

Do I smell a Gorillaz parody? The blurred sketch looks like the floating island from Feel Good Inc....
Friz.

A UK Al Fan. I mainly lurk.
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

Carol @ Nov 2 2005, 08:44 PM wrote: Is it just me, or does it seem like the spoilers are coming at a clipping rate this early on in the album-making process?
(Not that it isn't ENTIRELY AWESOME though. ^_^)
Well, he did say it would be ready by the early part of next year...
iisryan27 wrote: Could this be a video for an original song? The blog mentions that the song is catchy and funny which implies that she's already heard it and we know that Al has only recorded 6 songs up to this point (probably the originals).
But, he could have the parody done. Like maybe she asked to hear it, and then they played it for her. Also, it's about girls? Hmmm...
Begone, foul beast!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Friz @ Nov 3 2005, 03:12 AM wrote: Animated Music Video?

Hmm....

Do I smell a Gorillaz parody? The blurred sketch looks like the floating island from Feel Good Inc....
I was thinking about that but the character looks nothing like a Gorillaz style character. I'd say very unlikely.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Actually, Jamie Hewlitt (The Gorillaz animator and Tank Girl creator), has a very unique animation style, so it may be one of those things they're not trying to attempt (Like when Al doesn't attempt to do a female voice).

I didn't catch the Gorillaz possibility...good eyes ;)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Friz @ Nov 3 2005, 11:12 AM wrote: Animated Music Video?

Hmm....

Wow! This is awesome!!! I'm guessing it could be one of two things:

I do believe Al MIGHT be making a parody of "Feel Good Inc.", by the Gorillaz as the leading parody on Album 12, BUT, something tells me that Al might be doing a Gorillaz style parody, which just accured to me while looking at these posts.

Al usually gets the originals done first, since they're easier to produce, so it'll more than likely be a Gorillaz style parody, and if so, I'm VERY curious now. :oo
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
TheMegChan
Die-hard Fan

Post by TheMegChan »

A parody is possible, but considering there hasn't been any word of him being back in the studio to record it, as well as Ms. Rice saying she heard the song, I honestly don't think it's a music video for a parody. Hmm! About girls eh? Another Wanna B Ur Lovr maybe? :D Now I'm excited!!!!!!!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Of course, and this is just based on nothing, it's possible that only a segment of this video will be animated as opposed to the whole thing.

Have there been any popular videos that may not be completely animated but rather only have a certain part of it animated?
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, it got made fun of on ILT80's, but "Opposites Attract" by Paula Abdul had an animated cat dancing with her in it.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325