Amish Paradise

Moderator: Moderators

American Pie
Die-hard Fan

Post by American Pie »

Good song, I don't listen to it alot makes me wnat to listen to Gangsta's Paradise.

"But if I finish all of my chores and you finish thine. Then tonight we're gonna party like it's 1699"
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon .
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

This song's , in my opinoin, one of Al's best songs......i don't see why Coolio had to not give him permissin in the first place (if the undersatnding part came, then this song would not exist. I found it cool how Al went through the backwards part fine. Its also awesome to see Amishes rap.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Naomi I Moan

Post by Naomi I Moan »

love amish paradise! and the video's really similar to gangsta paradise but SO much better. mainly cos it's funnier!
Would Yoda be as awesome and popular if he was tall and red?
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

weirdalfan95 @ Jun 22 2005, 01:39 AM wrote: This song's , in my opinoin, one of Al's best songs......i don't see why Coolio had to not give him permissin in the first place (if the undersatnding part came, then this song would not exist. I found it cool how Al went through the backwards part fine. Its also awesome to see Amishes rap.
Coolio did give Al permission. He just said he didn't.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

oh, let's not get into this one again! I think it was a my-people-call-your-people thing.

My fave gags in the video are the milking cow in cereal bowl and feeding chickens pizza.... I didn't even notice that the first few viewings!
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

this is a great song no doubt...
:lookaround:
does anyone know where i can get an instrumental of it for my talent show
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I just watched Steamboat Bill Jr on TCM. It's relevant here because it's the origin of the wall falling gag. It's a wonderful movie and it's on again tomorrow.

The scene is toward the end of the movie during a cyclone sequence.

Buster Keaton rocks :Y
This means something. This is important.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Al recycled a Buster Keaton joke?

He's a scholar of the comedic arts.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

You know, I was just listening through Gangsta's Paradise and, you know, Amish Paradise actually does a better job at the idea than Gangsta's Paradise. Al's lyrics are more strategicly placed and fit the flow of the song better than Coolio's and Al's instrumental even sounds better. Maybe this is why Coolio got so mad.

On the topic, do you think that it was good or bad that Al didn't parody the lines in order -- he changed around the order of some of the lines.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I really don't think it would have made that much a difference one way or the other. Except that Al usually saves his strongest verse for last and second strongest for first. So, that's probably the reason why he moved the lines around. The lines had to be adjusted for how funny they were in the scheme of the song.