I'll Sue Ya

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, thanks a lot for giving this topic a title that doesn't say there are spoilers! :stern: *I didn't see the warning above* This topic title just looks like any other when you come and look at the most recent posts. Maybe you should change the title.

Ah, well. Maybe this will be the only one I see. I'll just keep 16 Red Balloons in mind.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

algonacchick @ Jun 14 2005, 12:46 PM wrote: Well, thanks a lot for giving this topic a title that doesn't say there are spoilers!  :stern: *I didn't see the warning above* This topic title just looks like any other when you come and look at the most recent posts. Maybe you should change the title.

Ah, well. Maybe this will be the only one I see. I'll just keep 16 Red Balloons in mind.
Actually, it's in the spoilers FORUM. Hence - I didn't think there was a reason to post the word spoiler in the thread title. Ask WhiZZi to change it if you're that worried about it. What did you think was in a topic titled "Songs on the new CD!"? :blink:
- Matt
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Um, guesses about titles??

Sorry if I got upset, but I wanted to try and be spoiler free. You don't see that this topic is in the spoiler forum if someone has posted in it most recently. You just see that it's part of Music and Record.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

algonacchick @ Jun 14 2005, 01:30 PM wrote: Um, guesses about titles??

Sorry if I got upset, but I wanted to try and be spoiler free. You don't see that this topic is in the spoiler forum if someone has posted in it most recently. You just see that it's part of Music and Record.
That's okay, I can see where you would have just clicked the Title on the main board, and not have known. I'll PM whiZZi and ask him to put the word Spolier! in the title.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Thanks, Matt!

:D

So awesome!

Al Team #325
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

algonacchick @ Jun 14 2005, 01:39 PM wrote: Thanks, Matt!

He changed it, but didn't understand why, I tried to explain what happened to you...
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

I'll Sue You...hmmm almost sounds like it could be an Eminem or Michael Jackson spoof. |)
queen_and_weirdal_fan
Obsessed

Post by queen_and_weirdal_fan »

lol.......

I'm simple like this, just as simple can be.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I'll Sue You... that title's pretty... straightforward.

Haha, I'd laugh if that was a Michael Jackson style parody.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

If that is what one of the new songs will in fact be, then it's certainly a funny and original concept for Al. It's definitely getting me a little psyched about what's to be recorded next month.

As far as spoiling songs, does it really matter when we're talking about the originals? The titles for the originals are usually pretty straightforward, so I don't quite understand what really is lost if you read the title online first or on the back of the CD first. The reaction can't be all that different before you actually hear it, can it?

Don't get me wrong, I of course understand if a person wants to be completely unaware (and I don't mean that negatively) of the album before they buy it, but I guess I just don't consider the title of an unheard original to really be a "spoiler" in the same way of saying "Al is going to parody Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' with a song about TV called 'Couch Potato.'" But that's just me...everyone else's mileage may vary.

If we look back just a few years, both "Since You've Been Gone" and "Party at the Leper Colony" were already known, heard, and talked about a good year before their respective albums' releases, so obviously Al isn't worried that leaking out an original is going to hurt expectations for an album.

Besides, knowing the title didn't stop anyone from continually speculating what "Wanna B Ur Lovr" was going to be about. :)
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;