Weird Al In Oz

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

JohnFudz
Occasional

Weird Al In Oz

Post by JohnFudz »

Dear Anyone in Oztralia or anyone the knows

Does anyone know if Weird Al will ever do a show in Australia if he does I will be the first one to get tickets

From John Fodero
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

As is the case for us here in the US, just check weirdal.com regularly. If there's any news regarding a tour, it will be there first.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

The only problem is that it is not economical for Al to come Aus. In order for a tour to happen, one of our Entertainment Centres would have to pay some totally ridiculous price, because, unlike flying in a small plane/travelling by bus across America, a 747 trip US-AUS costs at least $1379 AUD (one way I think) per person.

But I'm with you, that's still no reason for Al (or whoever's in charge) to compromise the Al Experience for people outside of the US.

If only someone could organise a nation-wide petition.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE a 747 trip US-AUS costs at least $1379 AUD (one way I think) per person.

Y'all better pony up for round trip tickets. You can't keep him, or TBITB. We don't mind sharing, mind you...
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

or else scotti would have to pack up and move.....
JohnFudz
Occasional

Thanks

Post by JohnFudz »

Hey All

Thank you very much for that and I hope one day my dream can come true and I can see him Live

From John Fudz
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Actualy, there was a real strong push for an Australian tour last time because fans there were so supportive of Running With Scissors. Unfortunately, it fell through but it at least sounds like the label is trying their best.

Harold
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I mean, come on... you guys have Steve Irwin. Isn't that enough? Crikey!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE QUOTE a 747 trip US-AUS costs at least $1379 AUD (one way I think) per person.

Y'all better pony up for round trip tickets. You can't keep him, or TBITB. We don't mind sharing, mind you...

And it's not just Al and the band that would need to get there!

There's also instruments, equipment (sound, light, and/or video), merchandise, wardrobe, and a crew.

Granted, Al or Skip could probably get locals for some of the crew and probably even a lot of the equipment, but still it's going to be a lot to fly even a "bare bones" Weird Al tour over.

And there's one other thing to consider regarding the transit, however it may be done: insurance. No doubt Al would want to have the essential costumes for the show (Nirvana, Amish, Pentiums, Saga, etc.). Let's say, just hypothetically, that the costumes would need to be shipped to Australia. I'm not sure how many "Fat" masks exist, but it doesn't seem as if they could afford to lose one unexpectedly. So money would have to go into either constructing a back-up mask or insuring that the costumes do get there safe and sound.

Granted once on the road it would be very much like any tour...it's just getting everything there that would be the chore.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

QUOTE I mean, come on... you guys have Steve Irwin.  Isn't that enough?  Crikey!

No. Steve Irwin doesn't do concerts. :P You may think we watch him all the time, but in reality, most people don't watch him any more (he's been cancelled on free-to-air TV). We are nothing like him actually. He's one of the only people in Australia who has such an accent. [insert the rest of some long, rambling speech about how good Australia is, and how we are so unique. You can probably put in how we became a country through a vote, not a war while you're their.]

Steve Irwin is no match for The Great Weird One!!!!