Al's Pals

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

taralyn919
Addicted

Post by taralyn919 »

Judy Tenuta had a hilarious stand-up act. I wonder if she still does stand-up?

I was lucky enough to see her when I was in college (1986-90). Anyway, I have used the phrases "feminine petite flower" and "It could happen!" ever since. Plus a couple of other phrases I can't repeat here due to the family-friendly nature of this forum.

She's amazingly funny but not for those who are easily offended.

:) Tara Lyn
An anthropomorphic cat at a urinal? That's crazy!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

A bio of Tonio K. Wasn't this the artist Al was style-parodying/tribute-paying on "Happy Birthday?"
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

BNL were Al's very first musical guests on TWAS. Also, when Al hosted The List on VH-1, Steven Page was one of the four guests on the special one-hour edition of the show.

Sweet. Isnt it ironic that my favourite artist and favourite band are closely connected? :rolleyes:
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

taralyn919 @ Feb 7 2005, 02:20 PM wrote: Judy Tenuta had a hilarious stand-up act. I wonder if she still does stand-up?

Yeah, she does. That why she's in town this weekend. I didn't end up going, though.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
taralyn919
Addicted

Post by taralyn919 »

Bummer, man!

:( Tara Lyn
An anthropomorphic cat at a urinal? That's crazy!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Ed McMahon Falls, Hits Head
Monday, March 07, 2005

LOS ANGELES — Ed McMahon (search), Johnny Carson's (search) former sidekick, was hospitalized after a fall in his Beverly Hills home left him with a mild concussion and a gash in his head that required stitches, his publicist said Monday.

"Mr. McMahon's prognosis is excellent and he is expected to be released from the hospital in the next few days," spokeswoman Susan DuBow said. The name of the Los Angeles area hospital wasn't disclosed.

McMahon, who turned 82 on Sunday, tripped and fell Friday afternoon, DuBow said.

He was taken to a hospital where he received several stitches in his forehead, she said, adding that he had suffered a mild concussion.

McMahon is best known as Carson's sidekick on "The Tonight Show." Carson, who retired in 1992, died Jan. 23 of emphysema at age 79.

McMahon was also co-host with Dick Clark (search) of the "Bloopers" shows and appeared year after year on Jerry Lewis' Labor Day telethon.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Hey, wanna see the Hooded Avenger doing stand up comedy? :whoot:

As some of you know (:ph34r:) my laptop is, uh, getting fixed, so I'm being forced to use my old desktop PC to do all my computing lately. Anyway I was checking out what files I actually had on this thing, and I came across a familiar name....

Brian Haley

I'm guessing this was from about 1992. And he's actually pretty funny too! :lol: Enjoy!

Dave
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

:lol: That was great! Thanks, Dave!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Carol
Obsessed

Post by Carol »

VIDEO WAS REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS INAPPROPRIATE

OR IT JUST SUCKED
:(
Carpe Musica

I'm not being condescending, I'm too busy thinking about far more important things you wouldn't understand.
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

:lol: It wasn't that bad! I actually thought it was pretty funny! Anyway, sorry guys, if anyone else can find a free place that can host videos, I'll upload it again.

Dave