Isle Thing

Moderator: Moderators

danthefanman
Addicted
Location: Hiding behind one of those 3 Al heads, can you guess which one?

No Isle thing on TV Album?

Post by danthefanman »

This is an ubscure thing to bring up, but I went to the record store today to buy some AL-bums. I planned to buy RWS and BHD but Tom talked me into buying the TV Album too. I thought it would be cool if it had Isle Thing on it, me watching Gilligan occasionally. Then I realised, it had UHF, and I'm sure the UHF CD has Isle thing so Isle thing must have been around when the TV Album was put out, so why didn't Al put IT in TVA? He certainly had space concidering Albums usually have 12 songs but this one has 11.
Dan wuz here
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I suspect it has something to do with the amount of parodies any one album can have on it. But yeah, a Gilligan's Island song should have been on the TV album. :huh:
danthefanman
Addicted
Location: Hiding behind one of those 3 Al heads, can you guess which one?

Post by danthefanman »

Yea, I figured it was some "couldn't get the recording" "couldn't get permission to use the recording" kind of things. I mean they couldn't just rerecord it, might sound different, and we have to much nonsense to yak about here anyway.

P.S. It would be good because the CD does have the other 3 rerun show songs, Ricky, Brady Bunch, Beverly Hillbillies. Not counting Bedrock anthem cause the other shows were live action, although. ahh this is overcomplicated, let's just say that it has ALL the other rerun songs.
Dan wuz here
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Well maybe it would be an over representation of UHF.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Probably the same reason Girls Just Want To Have Lunch wasnt on Food Album. the reason in ask al said he wouldve ended up losing money if he put 11 parodies on the album.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Actually, Even Worse only has 11 songs, due to the fact no polka was included. Maybe after Polka Party!, Al wanted the polkas to lay low for a while.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Ye found it, me bucko!

Congrats t'yer tribe! Ye best send a PM t'me right quick before those other scalliwags gets ahold o' ye winnings!
=========================================

It's a good question that I've always wondered myself. The idea that there would be too many parodies if Isle Thing was included doesn't make sense, because The Food Album was ALL parodies. Also, they left off two other TV themed songs: George of the Jungle (cover) and Mr. Popeil (original). It's very possible that Scotti Bros just didn't like "Isle Thing" enough to put it on the album for some reason. As we know, Al was opposed to those compilation albums anyway and probably didn't have much say in their production.

Jeremy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

IIRC, there is a version of the TV Album that has the MuchMusic logo on it and features Isle Thing and George of the Jungle on it. Could be wrong tho.

-jon
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

IIRC, there is a version of the TV Album that has the MuchMusic logo on it and features Isle Thing and George of the Jungle on it. Could be wrong tho.

You're right about the logo, but the song list is in fact the same.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

The Food Album was ALL parodies.

You're right. So, Scotti Bros made a cheezy compilation Al didn't like and they had to pay a lot in royalties? Sounds about right.

Have I mentioned I hate, hate, hate the cover of the Food Album? No? Well, I do.