Weird Al Related Dreams

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Moose
Occasional

Post by Moose »

Whoa! I had three more since last time!

1. I was sitting at this picnic bench with one of my friends in a huge lunchroom. After a while Al walked over wearing the same suit as on the cover of Poodle Hat. He had one of those huge novelty pencil things, and it was all white. He just sat down and started writing all over the pencil and gave it to me without a word.

2. I was channel-surfing, and apparently Pay-Per-View had become a music video channel. They announced that they were about to play a new video by Weird Al called "Flying High" or something like that about airplanes. Apparently it was a song written for that movie with Mike Meyers about airplanes. It was also gonna be on Poodle Hat. I was screaming and trying to turn the TV off because I didn't want any of it ruined for me. The video was basically LAS with clips of the movie mixed in. Afterwards, I went onto this forum to complain, but there was already a topic about it. I looked inside but it was all just mindless random letters.

3. I wish I could remember more of this one, but I can't. I went to an AL concert, and Al came out and sat on the grass in front of this big stage with me to watch the opening act. Which was very strange to say the least. Later, I got to go backstage and I saw him talking to the band. He started cursing alot and I was extremely shocked and frightened. But it was still the best day of my life.

Some messed up dreams. It must have something to do with my listening to Al music 24/7.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

3. I wish I could remember more of this one, but I can't. I went to an AL concert, and Al came out and sat on the grass in front of this big stage with me to watch the opening act. Which was very strange to say the least. Later, I got to go backstage and I saw him talking to the band. He started cursing alot and I was extremely shocked and frightened. But it was still the best day of my life.

Some messed up dreams. It must have something to do with my listening to Al music 24/7.

My goodness. It appears that you're not only having Weird Al Yankovic dreams, you're having Wierd All Yankovich dreams too... and Wierd All the Evil Twin has a completely different vocabulary. :nervous:
weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

i've had hundreds of weird al dreams over the years cause i listen to him in my sleep. but here are my 2 most recent ones.

i was backstage after a weird al concert. i ran into bermuda, and i told him about how great it was to meet him, since i couldnt find him at the last weird al concert that i went to. and then i was in this big empty room with weird al and my friend beth. i wanted beth to take a picture of me hugging al. so i was hugging al, and i said "take the picture!" but she wouldnt take it. i was pretty mad at her for refusing to take the picture, but inside my brain i was really happy because the longer she took to take the picture, the longer i would get to hug weird al. i think he eventually tried to get away though.

and heres the one i had last night. this one is a bad dream. my very first weird al nightmare. i was looking up weird al stuff on the internet, trying to find out more about poodle hat. i read somewhere that poodle hat wouldnt be released and there would be no poodle hat tour because weird al had *gasp* died!!! OH NO!!! he had a car wreck and he died from brain damage. and i was crying in my dream. and when i woke up, i was actually crying. it was horrible. i hate dreams like that.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ok, here's a pretty weird dream: I dreamt that I was onstage, same stage as AlCon, same crowd, including Al in the front row. Only I wasn't doing stand-up. I was having a trivia contest to see if anyone had heard of a few obscure rock bands that I know of. This dream was spawned by listening to the classic rock station yesterday. They had a listener on who played a riff from an obscure band called Point Blank. It took three days of research to figure this out. *The listener couldn't remember the band or song.* Anyway, this is how I started things off: I asked if anyone had heard of a band called Point Blank. A few people raised their hands, including Al. I then asked what their big hit was. I had mentioned, upon seeing Al in the front row, that he was not allowed to answer any questions, since he is a pop culture icon and probably listens to everything! lol! Well, no one knew the answer, so I told Al it was ok to answer and he said Oh, Nicole, which is right. *Back to the song the guy played on the radio: it was also by Point Blank and was called The Hard Way. Ok, back to the dream: I then asked if anyone had heard of a band called Blackfoot Again, a few people raised their hands, including Al. I asked what their one hit was. It gets strange here, because no one said anything. I just heard the song in my head at this point in the dream. *Their hit was "Train, Train", btw.* Then, it gets REAL obscure here! I mentioned the name of a song and hinted that it was by a Dutch rock band. The song is called Ostinato. No one knew this one, because, in reality, I can't remember the name of the band. The dream pretty much ends here. I have been trying to think of this band all morning now! The only reason I even know this song is because my husband played it with his band, Paragon, around '77. This band was in a Battle of the Bands at the Pontiac Silverdome, and won! I think it was because they played that obscure song. It's a pretty cool song. All instrumental, with a repeating melody line and some awesome sax/guitar parts played together. If anyone has any knowledge of progressive Dutch rock from the mid-70's, please help! Hubby's collection of band tapes is HUGE. I don't know if I can find the tape of this performance. If I could, the song and artist is listed. Anyone who can help, please do! It's driving me crazy!!

Patti
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

I had an Al dream last night......

I was *finally* going to his concert....and this venue was set up where the only way you could access the audience was the middle row.....so I had my aisle seat, and was waiting for OMM.....The songs were wonderful....and he did come out during Complicated Song....he added some line about eyes...or about how cute his girlfriends eyes were.....then at this moment...he came and held my face and said just like yours......I started doing this little high pitched scream thing....my mom went on about how she thought I was harassed......she's odd......I sat through just about all the songs....then it was time for OMM....then I woke up

I hate when that happens!

Sarah
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

I mentioned the name of a song and hinted that it was by a Dutch rock band. The song is called Ostinato. No one knew this one, because, in reality, I can't remember the name of the band. The dream pretty much ends here. I have been trying to think of this band all morning now! The only reason I even know this song is because my husband played it with his band, Paragon, around '77. This band was in a Battle of the Bands at the Pontiac Silverdome, and won! I think it was because they played that obscure song. It's a pretty cool song. All instrumental, with a repeating melody line and some awesome sax/guitar parts played together. If anyone has any knowledge of progressive Dutch rock from the mid-70's, please help! Hubby's collection of band tapes is HUGE. I don't know if I can find the tape of this performance. If I could, the song and artist is listed. Anyone who can help, please do! It's driving me crazy!!

Is it Passport??
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yes!!!!!!! Thank you!!! I even went to see if I could find the tape, and I mean, hubby has at least 100 cassettes! I couldn't find it, but yes, that's it! How did you know that??? Have you ever heard the song I mentioned? You polka, dude! Thanks so much!

Patti
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

Glad to help! :D

It was just a little internet research. I just searched "dutch 70s ostinato" on google.com, and found a Progressive Rock Encyclopedia with an entry for Passport.
Sploich
Occasional

Post by Sploich »

I haven't had any Al dreams that I can remember, but I would like to say something: don't you hate it when you buy something in a dream that you've been wanting for a long time, then you wake up? :sleepy: I HATE that!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I haven't had any Al dreams that I can remember, but I would like to say something: don't you hate it when you buy something in a dream that you've been wanting for a long time, then you wake up? :sleepy: I HATE that!
Off-topic, extremely not-funny: What's worse is having a totally believable dream of an affectionate conversation with your mother, and then you wake up and remember that she's dead. :(

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled dream-related forum discussion.
Stuck in a closet with Vanna White...