Poodle Hat spoilers inside! Favorite song in the polka?

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Poodle Hat spoilers inside! Favorite song in the polka?

Post by Elvis »

What's your favorite song in the "Angry White Boy Polka"?

POODLE HAT POLKA (Al Yankovic)

:lookround:

Oh, that's not what you meant?

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

hehe, while Chop Suey was great, I really laughed when I heard "Down with the Sickness"! I was looking forward to hearing that one, and I was not let down! WTG, Al! "Wah-ah-ah-ah!" LOL!!

Patti
ilikecheezealot
Occasional

Post by ilikecheezealot »

Chop Suey and Down In The Sickness (oo-wah-ah-ah-ah! :P ) were definitely the best renditions in there , with Last Nite following close behind.

As far as the originals, I'd say "Fell In Love With A Girl", "Chop Suey", "Down With The Sickness", "Hate To Say I Told You So", "Last Nite", "Last Resort", "Get Free".... :biggrin:

...I'm suprised the "The" bands & P.O.D were in there (IMO, he should've parodied one of them), and I think the AWB Polka was awesome, but there could have been some angrier white boys in there. Like Linkin Park, Evanescence (although their lead singer is a woman), KoRn, Metallica, Nickelback, Puddle Of Mudd, and Sum41.
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

If linkin park were in the polka, I would have thrown stuff, hard. I hated every single song on that polka (except maybe Chop Suey, but did anyone here not know for a fact that CS would be in the polka?), because I hate all of that "nu-metal" and "garage rock" junk. I much prefer the Alternative Polka.
His name is Bobby, he looks like a potato
cromulnt
Occasional

Post by cromulnt »

Well SOAD's "Chop Suey!" is both my favorite song of the batch and the one that is funniest when set to polka (although "The Real Slim Shady" is a close runner-up...the way he sings "Shady won't you please stand up...Stand up Shady!" at the end is classic).

And I find it curious that Linkin Park were left out of AWBP. I'm not a fan of theirs or anything, but a lot of their music is ridiculously angry and I believe they are the most popular band in their genre, plus it would've been hilarious to hear "Crawwwwling iiiiiin my skiiiiiiiin" set to polka. I wonder if they turned him down?
Staindfan

Post by Staindfan »

I was laughing so hard when he did "Outside" by Staind

what got me is how in the world did Al get Aaron to let him use it.

"Chop Suey!", "Last Resort", and "Down With the Sickness" have to be runner-ups
danthefanman
Addicted
Location: Hiding behind one of those 3 Al heads, can you guess which one?

Post by danthefanman »

I gotta say Chop Suey, but some of the other songs are great. And the Slim Shady at the end, I think it's to far in, I rarely sit through past renegades of funk.
Dan wuz here
JohnFudz
Occasional

Fav Songs On Polka

Post by JohnFudz »

Hey All

my fav songs on the polka are Chop Suey System Of THe Down Limp Bizkit Eminem THe Vines The Hives and The White Stripes

From John Fudz
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I like how The Real Slim Shady was done. As for the non-polkaised versions of the songs, I haven't heard any of them, so I can't says I know my fave.
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

My favorite song in the polka is "Bawitdaba" by Kid Rock, but I wish he'd been able to get more of it in. Oh Well. :satisfied: