Taco Grande

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

algonacchick @ May 15 2004, 11:09 AM wrote: Argh! Why couldn't VH-1 had done just a little research to prove that Al did parody that song? Huh?

Because they're VH1?

Didn't Al do one of his cheap video parodies on an ALTV of this? You know, where he puts himself into the original video? Of course I've never seen the old ones, except for the few I've DLed at ALoholics Anonymous, so what do I know?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hmm, I don't know. I haven't seen a lot of the older ones. But, I have seen footage of Al singing this song, as I mentioned earlier in this topic. :9~

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

scottidog @ May 15 2004, 06:11 PM wrote: Didn't Al do one of his cheap video parodies on an ALTV of this?
Yep. He simply dubbed "Taco Grande" over Gerardo's video.

It figures that VH1 wouldn't do a little bit of research. They're probably too busy obtaining clips for "I Love the 90s."

But then again, I've sworn off watching those "Unfunny celebrities making deadpan comments on things they could never do" shows for months now, so I say to heck with them already.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

Personally, I LOVE Taco Grande. I loved it from when first I heard it. Al has an awesome Spanish accent...better than me, anyways. How DOES he roll his tongue like that?!? X_X I wanna learn how to do that! Rar! >_<
Are we playin' horseshoes, honey? No, I don't think we are...

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I've sworn off watching those "Unfunny celebrities making deadpan comments on things they could never do" shows for months now, so I say to heck with them already.

I hear ya, CD! None of the people making comments said anything funny. I also didn't agree with a lot of the choices for awesomely bad songs, so what do I know? I just really thought it was lame that VH-1 didn't know about Taco Grande, nor did the person who made that comment.

(Hey, I was bored, so I tuned by. I won't if they show it again). :rolleyes:

Patti

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

algonacchick @ May 16 2004, 12:55 PM wrote: I also didn't agree with a lot of the choices for awesomely bad songs, so what do I know?
I have no idea which songs were on VH1's list, but wasn't this show just cashing in on that "100 Worst Songs of All Time" list that some magazine published last month?

I think according to that list, the "worst song of all time" was "We Built This City." Not my favorite song, but I'd sing along to that before many others ("Hey Ya," anyone?).

Of course, these kinda lists are so totally subjective and based on nothing, so I'd rather just avoid those shows instead of getting mad while watching them.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

It was Blender magazine, and it was 50 songs. VH-1 and Blender joined forces to bring this show to fruition. Ugh! Anyway, not worth a second look for me. The clip from the Pentiums video was the only good thing about the show.

Patti

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

I agree. ^_^ I just watched it out of bordom while waiting for my parents to pick me up from a party at my aunt's house. (You know, the aunt that first introduced me to Weird Al, and bought my tickets to the concert! The awesomely awesome one!)

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Themagic#27 @ May 16 2004, 11:22 AM wrote: Personally, I LOVE Taco Grande. I loved it from when first I heard it. Al has an awesome Spanish accent...better than me, anyways. How DOES he roll his tongue like that?!? X_X I wanna learn how to do that! Rar! >_<
Bwahaha, I can do that.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

Gahh! CURSE YOU! Teach me when we meet up at the concert, 'kay?

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥