Do only Pre-Teens Like Al? I Think NOT!!!

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Moose
Occasional

Post by Moose »

That's the great things about message boards like these. People of all different ages are able to have completely normal discussions without feeling weird for talking to someone who is older/younger than them.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Ah, yes, the great thing about communicating over the Internet...
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

One thing I have noticed about the youngsters (high school and under) who post here, is that for the most part they all come across as much older. In intelligence, education and in maturity. I wonder, does Al attract kids who are smart, or does listening to Al and emulating him make kids more mature?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdojace »

One thing I have noticed about the youngsters (high school and under) who post here, is that for the most part they all come across as much older. In intelligence, education and in maturity. I wonder, does Al attract kids who are smart, or does listening to Al and emulating him make kids more mature?

I think his music made me smart. I remember before I liked Weird Al (or even knew who he was), I was pretty dumb. Hard to explain, but I was. I would start spinning around the room for no reason whatsoever....ehhh. :sleepy:

I remember when I first got into Al, I was about 5 or 6 years old, and I thought his name was "Weirdie Ally Anchorville."
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

I've been smart... sorry for those others. I got a 99 (perfect) on my IOWAS last year. I'm not racist against less smart people however. I'm not racist of any kind.

Yeah, I originally thought I was the youngest person ever to join the forum, and I know there's at least 20 13 or 14 year olds now.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Hmm, el, I wonder if you'll ever be older... :)

Well, since the only way that could happen would be for Al to predecease El, let's just postpone that eventuality as looooooooooong as possible, OK?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

If I had to guess, I'd say that Al attracts kids (of all ages) :) with good verbal intelligence. It's pretty much a prerequisite to enjoying his lyrics. Not that emulating Al is a bad idea, though. Within reason; we don't want to see him open every show with "I Think I'm A Clone Now." :lookround:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I would start spinning around the room for no reason whatsoever.
Al does that onstage, doesn't he?
I'd say that Al attracts kids (of all ages) with good verbal intelligence.

That's true. I hadn't thought of that.
MeruWScissors27
Occasional

Post by MeruWScissors27 »

I'm 14 right now.I started listening to Al when i was 7 or 8 when sis got GHII..............my peers call me a genius, but i dont think that's true.

~Dawn~
weirdojace
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdojace »

I would start spinning around the room for no reason whatsoever.
Al does that onstage, doesn't he?

Hmm, yeah....but still.