What's your SN mean?

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

well, i love weird al and my name is alison. so i smashed our names together to get weirdalison. my aol screen name is weirdalison2727.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, because my best bud is a scottidog.

http://runningwscissors27.0catch.com/ceilidh.html

When I was first online, I called myself scottimom, but non-dog people never understand calling yourself your pet's mom (or dad as the case may be,) so I changed it to scottidog.
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Ok. Here comes a long story...

WHiZZi...

When I was 12 years old, I could use a computer like no one else could. I programmed, I made websited and even ran a BBS (Bulletin Board System, sort of dial-in file sharing thing). People named me a whiz-kid, so my nickname on several BBSes was WHiZZ-KiD. I used caps except for the i because I liked that letter ;)

Anyway, after a while running my BBS (that was called WHiZZi BoarD) I started to get on internet. Also, I registered on several sites under the name WHiZZ-KiD. When I became 18 years I changed it. WHiZZ-KiD wasn't up to date and many people had that name. So, with some fantasy I called myself WHiZZi. Nowadays, almost every hit with Google on 'WHiZZi' will bring up some website I made.. I was involved in several projects on the internet and created a OS under that name (V2OS..). Anyway, that's my story... :)
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Whizzi, what happened to your little bazooka penquin avatar? I always wondered about his origin...
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Whizzi, what happened to your little bazooka penquin avatar? I always wondered about his origin...

This is a happy one. I didn't like the old one anymore...

I don't know where the original came from, I guess I found it somewhere on the internet :P
Teleman027
Occasional

Post by Teleman027 »

"The details of my screen name are quite inconsequential..." Well I got the Tele part from the Fender Telecaster *drools* possibly the greatist guitar.... ever. the Man part because of my wonderful XY chromosomes, and the 027 because well... I think you can guess. I have a bunch of other names too.

-The Door Mat :D
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I'm trying to remember how I determined mine. When joining the Yahoo Clubs back then, I wanted an Al related SN, so I went through a mental list in my head.

DTBS is one of my fav albums and LAS is the first song on there so voila, I came up with stupidsurgeon and the 27 is mandatory.

Found it odd when I saw the pic of the Halloween show with Al perfoming LAS in his DTBS outfit. Scary little coincidence.

-CindyBob
ilikecheezealot
Occasional

Post by ilikecheezealot »

I think mine's kind of obvious. :biggrin:
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

My screen name is based on the first 2 letters of my name and the use of the 'weird' adjective because a) i like weird al and this is a weird al forum and B) i'm pretty weird myself.

el
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Well, I write songs just like Al, and I give them to my friends to amuse them...and I named myself "Weirdo Jace". Mmmyep.