Moderator: Moderators

kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

"Melanie" is one of Al's few songs that might be rated PG-13 if
it were a movie. Like Spike Jones, Al prefers to "work clean."
"Sometimes I have an alternate verse to a song that I only sing
to my friends," he says.

Thank Goodness...I thought I was losing my mind. I knew I had heard/read something along those lines.

I"m sorry Jon, I guess your not his friend :( . But I still like you.

And thanks to everyone who helped locate this little snippet. I had gone through the Ask Al's and Midnight stars yesterday, and when I didn't find anything I thought I had dreamed this up.

So I say again...I would love to hear the alternate verses tio some of our beloved songs...It will never happen.....but Hey I can dream!

Cid
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Dave wrote:
I don't have access to Al's songs, so if Jon hasn't heard it then I certainly haven't heard it!!

Oh come on...I thought you were on the inside track with Al (j/k of course)
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I read something about that in an on-line interview a couple of years ago. It's amazing, I can't remember anything from my four years of Spanish 1, but I remember stuff like that...

Maybe if you listened to Taco Grande more often...? :listen:
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Oh come on...I thought you were on the inside track with Al

Hmm... maybe if he took up auto racing, he'd want me on the inside track. I can change a tire in 2.3 seconds!! Okay... I can't. But I'm pretty sure I could handle the the long stick with the squeegee on the end that they use to clean the windshield.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Hmm... maybe if he took up auto racing, he'd want me on the inside track. I can change a tire in 2.3 seconds!! Okay... I can't. But I'm pretty sure I could handle the the long stick with the squeegee on the end that they use to clean the windshield.

Dave

You're my hero! I'll just call you Squeegee Man!!

Cid
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

All hail spacedingo
Awwww, shucks! Twernt nothin'!

As I re-read this, I noticed the phrasing of Al's statement. Notice that
Sometimes I have an alternate verse to a song that I only sing to my friends.
That didn't say there was an alternate verse to "Melanie" specifically ... just that there are alternate verses to some songs.

But which ones ... :lookround: ... ooooooh ... the mind boggles with possibilities ...

I would have to imagine Melanie is one of those songs. I can't think of too many other possibilities....unless *gasp!* there's more to those good old days that we know about! :shocked:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Captain Wacky
Occasional

Post by Captain Wacky »

I often wonder about the real Melanie...wonder if she was ever on Maury Povich when the topic is "Someone spied on me and it ruined my life!"

I wonder if it was my cousin Melanie...she looks an awful lot like Cameron Diaz.

Oh well time to go watch American Idol, hey ever noticed that no one ever used an Al song for their audition...for shame.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Oh well time to go watch American Idol, hey ever noticed that no one ever used an Al song for their audition...for shame.

I would actually think that's a good thing :D
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
KagayakiWashi
Occasional
Location: Tennessee Avatar: Raymond Scott! One of the best musicians of the 20th century!

Post by KagayakiWashi »

I'd sing "You Don't Love Me Anymore" for my audition. Or maybe "Melanie", you know, one of those somewhat soft songs, show off my upper register(I sing bass, but I can sing Tenor and Soprano[but no mezzo soprano! weird!])

I'd lose anyways.
"Ya wanna buy a bunny?"
Captain Wacky
Occasional

Post by Captain Wacky »

"You don't Love Me Anymore" would be the best. It starts off so serious and then making it with the whole hockey team. No one would see it coming. Oh that would be so awsome.

Remember a long time ago in a galaxy far away when Al was on Arsenio? Boy was that great. Al made him look like such a butthead. I mention it cause it was the first time I saw that song perfomed "live".

Ahhh the memories.